Turn on thread page Beta

Picked on for being too pale :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting picked on for being so white, I didn't particularly have a problem with my skin colour before, but now I feel so miserable as so many people lately are making comments about it. I wouldn't know where to start on fake tanning, or sun beds any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Now anyone who picks on you over something like that is not worth knowing, and you shouldn't do anything in terms of sunbeds except if it's what YOU want, not what someone else tells you to want.

ReputationRep:
    My advice is, don't worry about it.
    I'm pretty pale too, nobody's ever commented to me about it, and I wouldn't care if they did.
    Sunbeds are dangerous, and fake tanning, on most people, looks just that, fake.
    I'd rather be a pale human than have cancer or look like an Oompa Loompa.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, don't worry about it. My nickname was Daz for a year or two - whiter than white ;D Lulz. Doesn't bother me. I think fake tan looks quite ridiculous on a lot of people our age who use it, and it especially would on me! If you're naturally really pale, quite often fake tan just seems so obvious and...ergh.

If you use fake tan though, mix it with a normal body lotion - my mom always does this and hers is rarely streaky (unlike most people I see! haha) and it isn't quite so obvious, you can let it build up more gradually.

I'd also say don't go to a spray tan place, but that's just judging from some of my friends awful, awful results =/

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin and sunbeds do not mix well. Ignore the people who make the coments and be the way you are happy to be.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, they don't know what they are talking about. Pale girls can, no, are hot! People like that are just wastes of time. Speak to them, tell them you are upset by it, sometimes people think they are just having a laugh like between friends, but they don't realise they are causing harm.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite pale, don't worry =]
    In the olden days, it was highly regarded that women who had pale pearly skin were more beautiful. Women used to buy pale powder because they wanted a lighter skin tone (apparently)
    And yeah, agreeing to the posts above ^ I'd rather be pale than orange and skin cancerous

ReputationRep:
    at least pale is natural. Orange makes you look as if you are trying to be someone else. pale and proud shows confidence and acceptance of who you are - that's being properly attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Embrace your pale and interesting-ness! I hate being pale too but I'd rather be pale than be damaging my skin with sunbeds! If you want to fake it, St Tropez is really good and natural-looking and won't look as if you've slapped on a load of fake tan. It's best if you can get someone else to help you apply it, and remember lots of exfoliation beforehand and moisturising afterwards is a must!

For a cheaper alternative, L'Oreal's Nutrishimmer is pretty good, but you need to be careful when spraying it on because, although it goes a nice colour, as it is liquid it will run down your legs a bit, so maybe rub it in around the lower leg and foot area to avoid streaks! I don't think much to Johnson's and Dove's 'holiday sun' type moisturisers, as they smell rather strong, take a few days to do anything and give rather patchy results, I've found.

ReputationRep:
    Be proud of what you aree! dont aspire to be barbie-esque(okay i cant say much) like i always say to some of my mates pale and interesting.

If youuu do want to conform then I'd suggest something like Johnsonns holiday sun lotion, it builds up a light gradual tan which wont leave you looking like a oompa loompa

ReputationRep:
    Tell everyone to **** off
    Pale skin is teh sex! Anyone who teases you is jealous. Don't go getting fake tans and stuff, it'll make you look way worse. Just be natural!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondevalkyrie)
    I keep getting picked on for being so white, I didn't particularly have a problem with my skin colour before, but now I feel so miserable as so many people lately are making comments about it. I wouldn't know where to start on fake tanning, or sun beds any advice?
    Buy a sunless tanner that develops over time like Johnson & Johnson's or Dove for pale skin. Means you aren't going to go orange or get burned.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to go down the fake tan route, then avoid the sun beds. At least lotions are reversible after a bit of time if anything should go wrong. However, apply it sparingly, because you don't want to end up overdoing it.

Although, like a couple of others have pointed out - pale skin used to be considered to be highly attractive back through history

ReputationRep:
    I'm pale too! I like being pale though.

Loads of people comment on it all the time, but I don't really care. I just think it's rude because I'd never go up to them and say "Oooooh aren't you fat?", so I don't know what gives them the right to come up to me and say "Oooooh aren't you pale?".

Don't fake tan!!! Because then it just makes other pale people think their skin is "undesirable" and then they get loads of oeople telling them they look awful.

I used to hate being pale aswell, but you should take pride in your appearance and accept how you look. Don't let other people making rude comments make you feel bad about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    really, really dont worry about it. pale is interesting and all that. i am pale too, and would much rather remain so than ever, EVER join the tango gang. whatever your skin tone, i think that natural always looks best, no matter how pale.

don't let people make you feel miserable about it. there is diddly-squat to be miserable about.

ReputationRep:
    Leave your skin alone, pale is far more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Accept it, pale skin isnt a disfigurement is it. Nicole Kidman is plae and one of the most beautiful women (imo) I bet its not your skin colour you hate, just the fact people pick up on it and comment, they've got the problem not you.

ReputationRep:
    dont colour yourself orange

ReputationRep:
    Awwh, we paleys get a hard time!

Try Dove Summer Glow if you want a bit of colour, it's great .

ReputationRep:
    well at least you can go get a tan. my pigentation is dark . . i'd prefer it if i were paler . . but there's FA I can do about it

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.