The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
kw2005
Your insurance place!!! What I meant was there's nothing you can do now but wait and see, and certainly don't worry about accommodation at your insurance uni until you know you need it :smile:

But at the same time, since Poi is going on holiday it would be a good idea for him to have a look at his insurance uni's policy for accommodation places, so he knows if it would be a problem. It's no good being on holiday and coming back to find a form that needed to be returned a week ago. A better thing to do would be to have an idea of the deadlines, and then if he goes to his insurance he can call them and check it will be ok to return the form late if that's what would happen.
Reply 41
Track
Our telephone lines get very busy after the examination results; if you have access to the internet you may use Track to see all the current details of your application including whether or not your place has been confirmed. To use this service you will require your application number and the online enquiry password included on your Advisory Letter, which you will be receiving shortly.Click here to use Track now.

**** wont i be missing this?! how the hell will i be able to log on without the enquiry password?!
Poi

**** wont i be missing this?! how the hell will i be able to log on without the enquiry password?!

you enquire
Reply 43
charliehelyes
you enquire

great idea:rolleyes: , ucas are shut hence i asked here.
Keep up the good work!
Poi

You should already be able to log onto UCAS Track. It's likely that you'll continue to be able to use the same password as you have now, and that UCAS will merely send you a reminder. That's what they've done every other year, anyway

Lots of love,
Juno (who happens to have accientally borrowed her gf's account again :rolleyes:)
Hi all, this thread seems very very useful! thanks a bunch guys...
I kind of skimmed everything and I might have missed on something so please can someone let me know when the INDEPENDANT will release there clearing lists in their newspaper, would it be on results day or before that?
Please help, im really panicking! ive had so many problems with my Alevels its discusting.
Reply 47
Anonymous.
Hi all, this thread seems very very useful! thanks a bunch guys...
I kind of skimmed everything and I might have missed on something so please can someone let me know when the INDEPENDANT will release there clearing lists in their newspaper, would it be on results day or before that?
Please help, im really panicking! ive had so many problems with my Alevels its discusting.

Since Clearing only starts on Rsults Day, The Independant can only publish lists on results day and afterwards.

Unis may put information on their websites before then, but it's probably gonna be incomplete.
Does anyone know if its any different for people holding unconditional offers if you've already returned the AS12? Can you still asked to be released or not?
thank you
Reply 50
Shortay1987
Does anyone know if its any different for people holding unconditional offers if you've already returned the AS12? Can you still asked to be released or not?

I'm fairly sure that you're done with the UCAS system now and can't go anywhere else this year. However, it's worth trying to get released to see if it is possible.
Reply 51
i have a quick question
Ok so lets imagine that i missed both my fim and insurance offer, can i phone up one of the other universities that i have already declined, to beg for a place (bearning in mind they gave me conditional offers, that were low)

does this make sense? lol
sheri234
i have a quick question
Ok so lets imagine that i missed both my fim and insurance offer, can i phone up one of the other universities that i have already declined, to beg for a place (bearning in mind they gave me conditional offers, that were low)

Yes, you can do. Also you might stand a better chance than others because they have seen your PS before and had offered you a place? (although they mite not like that you declined their offer?)
Reply 53
^Thank Youuuuu!
i've been having 2nd thoughts about the courses i have applied to. by going through clearing you don't always get into the course you want to get into. so if you cancel your insurance/firm choices, and go through clearing.....but don't get through to the preferred course what happens. or maybe you've decided that the firm/insurance choices are best after all........

:confused: :smile:
Reply 55
sheri234
i have a quick question

Yes you can, although if they're not in Clearing they probably won't have any space for you. If they are in Clearing, then it's fine.

You can also reapply for anywhere that rejected you before.
Reply 56
Sparrohawk
i've been having 2nd thoughts about the courses i have applied to. by going through clearing you don't always get into the course you want to get into. so if you cancel your insurance/firm choices, and go through clearing.....but don't get through to the preferred course what happens. or maybe you've decided that the firm/insurance choices are best after all........

:confused: :smile:

Well, if you get released from your firm and insurance, to go there again you'd need to reapply through Clearing. If they don't have any places, or don't want to accept you, then you can't go

So if you can't find anywhere else that you want to go to you'd have to take a year out and reapply.
Reply 57
Do you know what the statement of results will look like for AS + A2 levels? Like if you've done all of the AS modules, or just some of them, as well as the A2 modules in the summer, do you get a separate statement of results from each examboard- one with your AS grades on it like they did in year 12, and then another separate sheet of paper with all the separate A2 modules graded on there, and then another sheet with the whole A-level and final mark for each subject on there: AS + A2 module marks and the total?
Reply 58
Pinelem
Do you know what the statement of results will look like for AS + A2 levels? Like if you've done all of the AS modules, or just some of them, as well as the A2 modules in the summer, do you get a separate statement of results from each examboard- one with your AS grades on it like they did in year 12, and then another separate sheet of paper with all the separate A2 modules graded on there, and then another sheet with the whole A-level and final mark for each subject on there: AS + A2 module marks and the total?

They should all be on the same sheet (but a different sheet for each exam board). Usually, the new results will be at the top (possibly in bold or something so it's easy to see), and then your existing marks will be underneath.

However, this does depend on everything going right, so if you can it's a good idea to take your AS results slips with you.

There's some results slips on this thread
Reply 59
yeah sorry if this has already been said but when we go thorugh clearing we need our clearing passport details dont we. when do we get these because i got ucas's crappy letter on clearing which didnt specify much but i got the impression most people should already have been given these details or something, and i have nothing. i could be way off about this so could someone set me straight please

Latest

Trending

Trending