The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I cant get to the manchester uni clearing lists
Reply 141
how does it all work. if i fail to meet my firm and insurance then do i go into clearing straight away or do we have to wait a few days or what
Reply 142
York have theirs up too, although lots specifically for foreign students (mysteriously)
Reply 143
Looks like its gonna be a late night.
I just want to see if zoology has gone into clearing at sheffield, if thats the case it makes it much more likely that I've got one, I'm pretty sure that I've not got the grades so it'd be nice to see if its in clearing.
Reply 144
Thank you soooooo much!!!!:smile:

Great advice!!:biggrin:

Good luck everyone!
Reply 145
Hi,

is it true that when you apply for a position in clearing and give your clearing passport number then the university can see your UCAS application (the same one you sent out to the universities you originally applied to)?
good luck guys!!!!!!
Thanks
Reply 146
for clearing, is it like first come first serve and therefore alot of people will be rushing for the limited spaces or do we apply for places and then after a few days they give there responses after going over the applications:confused:
Reply 148
Hi,

As i hold no offers and have to go through clearing do i have to have my results will they ask, ucas says the university's will know ur grades and as clearing starts at 8am (most uni's) i get my results at 11 thats 3 hours later which could mean a lot of places gone.

hope u understand what iam trying to say,
Very few places will have gone by 11.
Reply 150
why does kent university not specify the grades youd need for the courses theyve listed in clearing?!
Reply 151
^^^

u sure
St.Andrews/Edinburgh not in clearing :frown:
Durham doesnt have anything nice...probably all at Stockton campus either way...
andrewm
ok basically i called up the clearing hotline for the university that I'm want to study at. i gave all the information that was asked, including my ucas number and contact number. i was told that i am eligible to enter.

will i be getting a call/email/letter to confirm my entry into the university? or is that it?

Send off your clearing passport to them as soon as you can and you've got a place basically...

Or better yet VISIT this weekend and see if you really like the place - if you do you can give them your passport in person.
andrewm
but i dont have a passport as i did not apply through ucas since i am already at uni. i gave them my personal id number :confused: :confused: :confused:

You'll need to apply through UCAS to get a clearing passport.
I am current studying at UEA (University of East Anglia) - I came to UEA through clearing myself so know how stressful this situation can be - I've noticed that lot of the courses still have vacancy for UK and foreign student(unlike York) - very surprising considering they have just been ranked in the top 20 universities by the Times good Uni guide.

I think most courses are now filling up thoughe so you'd better be quick... the main website where there is a link is www.uea.ac.uk

Good luck!
Reply 156
great advice juno!

and v thanks!
Reply 157
Is the current clearing list final or will it grow as uni's find out who's in and who's not?
La Haine - Saïd
Is the current clearing list final or will it grow as uni's find out who's in and who's not?

It will shrink as places get taken.

Unis have had the results since Sunday so most decisions have been made already on firm and insurance places.
Reply 159
La Haine - Saïd

that is the final list and it will get smaller as the places fill up

Latest