The Student Room Group

Best 3 A-levels to self study as a mature student to get into uni?

Hi guys I need some advice, I want to get into uni next year to study business or accounting and finance but I need around 300 UCAS points which is quite high. What's the best A-levels to take? I'm currently studying business, accounting and maths although maths is tough to self study.

Does anyone have any good study resources for these subjects? YouTube tutorials or any good courses??

Also are these a levels well respected by universities? Or do they prefer others??

Any help would be great? I'm thinking of studying law too??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Fit geek
Hi guys I need some advice, I want to get into uni next year to study business or accounting and finance but I need around 300 UCAS points which is quite high. What's the best A-levels to take? I'm currently studying business, accounting and maths although maths is tough to self study.

Does anyone have any good study resources for these subjects? YouTube tutorials or any good courses??

Also are these a levels well respected by universities? Or do they prefer others??

Any help would be great? I'm thinking of studying law too??

Hi

I'm also a mature student and currently teaching myself a levels as well. For maths, I find these 2 websites particularly useful! They provide clear and easy explanations and a practical approach to questions, and fully cover the most important lessons. http://www.examsolutions.net/ and http://m4ths.com/teach-yourself-a-level-maths.html

As far as I know, a levels seem to be highly evaluated by universities. Needless to say, you will want to choose subjects that can help you with your desired course at uni. What's your favourite course and which a level subjects do you think can best assist you accordingly?
Foundation year probably best bet.

SS

Quick Reply

Latest