Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What income figure to put in? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I wonder if somone could advise?when applying for SF, what income figure should I put in? lsdt years income eg. 15/16 or this years? Im married and my husband works full time, I put my notice in at work so I wont be employed whle doing the course. Our house hold income will drop by my wage. Will student loan amount for this academic year be based on last"years income or our current situation?
    thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by petlamb83)
    Hi
    I wonder if somone could advise?when applying for SF, what income figure should I put in? lsdt years income eg. 15/16 or this years? Im married and my husband works full time, I put my notice in at work so I wont be employed whle doing the course. Our house hold income will drop by my wage. Will student loan amount for this academic year be based on last"years income or our current situation?
    thanks
    Your income is what you expect through unearned income for the year you're studying.

Your household income is for just your husband for 2014/15 - http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/ft/s...orm_1617_d.pdf
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

We always ask for the tax year that is two years prior to the Academic Year, so for a 16/17 app we look at the 14/15 tax year. This is due to that tax year being the last complete one at the time our applications become available and we can check with HMRC.

If you feel your income in the current year will be 15% less than that year, you can fill in a Current Year Income form and we can take that into consideration instead.

Form can be found here: http://bit.ly/22rm2eg

Thanks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.