The Student Room Group

Who would you resurrect to talk to from history, and why?

Carrying on from the question I posed yesterday, I'm sure there are many people from history that we'd all like to talk to, given the opportunity. There are many inspirational, controversial, and just generally interesting figures from times past, so the possibilities are endless.

Maybe you want to bring them back to have a chat, to ask them questions, or even just to tell them they were wrong! But whatever the reason, who would you choose to resurrect from history, and why? :holmes:
Heya,

I've just seen this thread and I am torn between Cleopatra and Shakespeare.

Cleopatra because I love ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and ancient Rome and she would be able to talk to me about all three. She would have seen at least one of the seven ancient wonders of the world (and would probably know if the hanging gardens at babylon were real or not). She may even know the location of some of the now lost cities from antiquity.

Shakespeare - just to doublecheck if he really wrote all of his plays and chat about Liz, Marlow and Gwyneth Paltrow (haha). Would also love to hear all the Globe bants.
Marie curie, I d want to thank her for her scientific contributions :smile:
Oda Nobunaga, a warlord who lived 1534-1582 and united over half of Japan under his rule. He was known as "The Fool of Owari" (his home province) yet still had many major accomplishments in his lifetime in advancing politics and weaponry, as well as art and fashion. I'd jump at any chance to get further insight into his mentality, especially when his bizarre behaviour lost him so much credibility.

Failing that, the pageboy he was involved with at the time of this death: Mori Ranmaru. 100% just to have a gossip. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Charles Darwin.

I'd like him to help me with my ecology studies when I go back to uni :teehee: I'd also like to ask how he coped with his OCD during a period when mental health was deemed a lot more sinister than it is now and also if he knew the impact The Origins of the Species would have on the world and how he feels about the impact it has had on our culture.
Maximilian Robespierre :love:

I'd love to know if he knew what he was doing at the end of the French Rev or whether he'd had a complete breakdown.
Karl Marx. I'd get his opinion on 20th-21st century politics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Abraham Lincoln. I'd see what his opinion is on the current American Presidential Election.
Original post by Alisaurus Cats
Heya,

I've just seen this thread and I am torn between Cleopatra and Shakespeare.

Cleopatra because I love ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and ancient Rome and she would be able to talk to me about all three. She would have seen at least one of the seven ancient wonders of the world (and would probably know if the hanging gardens at babylon were real or not). She may even know the location of some of the now lost cities from antiquity.

Shakespeare - just to doublecheck if he really wrote all of his plays and chat about Liz, Marlow and Gwyneth Paltrow (haha). Would also love to hear all the Globe bants.

Probably Mary Queen of Scots, there are so many stories about her I would want to know the truth about. Maybe ask about her regrets and such. That would be so interesting. :smile:
Hmmm between Shakespeare, Jesus (assuming he was a real person) and Muhammad. Muhammad.
The BBC agrees with me

"Be Cleopatra, not a Kardashian"

Ooooooh yeah
Hippocrates. I'd love to talk about medical advances and hear his views on the NHS :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fractite
Abraham Lincoln. I'd see what his opinion is on the current American Presidential Election.

His reaction to Obama would be the better conversation imo. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending