Clearing accommodation Newcastle Uni

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So
    My daughter accepted a place in Clearing as she didn't want her insurance choice. She had applied originally but was offered high grades so didn't select Newcastle. She was promised she would be allocated accommodation by end of August. That time came and then she was told 16th September. She has rung up and has been told she might not get any Uni accommodation but a private room somewhere.i don't think she would have declined her insurance choice for this and it's not what was promised. She feels anxious, unsettled and leaving it to the 16th is very last minute. She can't get excited or invested in coming. Anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried booking direct with providers such as Liberty Plaza? Their own website implies that they still have rooms. I don't know why your daughter wouldn't already have been offered that but maybe worth a try unless you've already explored these options.

ReputationRep:
    most HEIs have some temporary issues with accomodation at the beginning of term, Newcastle had issues such as this 20 odd years ago ...

part of the problem is they quite know who will actually turn up ... there are a surprising number of no-shows / people who don;t take up their accomodation .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    My son is in the same boat. He has been offered a place but they can't give him any accommodation yet. They have said they will, but he is hoping to move in somewhere in less than a fortnight.

ReputationRep:
    We have been told she will find out on the 16th. There are places I think in Liberty plaza but it's significantly more expensive than the Newcastle Uni accommodation so we are hanging on. I'm surprised they give people 2 weeks to accept or decline their accommodation which means the clearing students wait a long time. All of my daughters friends are sorted even those who went through clearing to other Uni's. I do wonder if they will come up with anything?

ReputationRep:
    she got offered Windsor terrace, washbasin room.. Personally I think this is pretty good as not that expensive and on campus but she's afraid it will be unsociable. She's just going to have to give it a go and i'm sure things will work out. Did your son hear?

ReputationRep:
    Well, there you go.... that was my son's first choice and Newcastle was his firm offer and he got his accommodation offer on results day. He got his 3rd and similar choice (which should be fine) and had less than a week to accept it.

ReputationRep:
    I currently live in student accommodation provided by UNITE students that has students from Newcastle staying in it and I'm trying to find a replacement tenant for my room as I'm moving back home. I don't know if it's something she would be interested in but it's at 120 p/w and I've already payed towards some of the rent so it's probably a little cheaper. If it's something you would like to know more about just let me know

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Harvey has been offered accommodation at last! Really expensive however at £152 per week! I am trying to find something cheaper but I am not holding my breath.

ReputationRep:
    That is very expensive! My daughter managed to swop Windsor Terrace to catered Castle Leazes which is quite a bit less than that ( £125) and where she wanted to be. She's quite anxious and unsure about coming though as she hadn't visited. Fingers crossed she loves it. I hope you've found something else. Liberty plaza had rooms, they keep leaving me messages. There are deals to be done!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.