Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings. I am a Year 13 student contemplating on what my choices should be. I plan to do Economics and have researched and researched on uni that have modules that best suit my tastes.

Thing is, I was considering LSE but I was slightly deterred by the fact that some people disliked their experiences there. Other than that I have UCL, Warwick, QMUL, City, Manchester, Nottingham and SOAS that I'm still deciding upon.

Another problem, in my AS' I achieved ABDE (Maths, Economics, English and Computing respectively) -_-'. I wanted to drop English from the start and that's exactly what I did. So the D grade is my AS. Also, my GCSEs were 2A*s 4As 3Bs 1C (also kinda shite). I am considering doing a language as an AS only so that the AS will be higher than a D (hopefully).

Are these grades enough for the unis I'm considering? If not, please recommend any universities preferably closer to London. Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What are your predicated grades? Your AS grades aren't amazing, are you sure you meet the entry requirements for the universities you've mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    What are your predicated grades? Your AS grades aren't amazing, are you sure you meet the entry requirements for the universities you've mentioned?
    I don't really know my predicted grades atm. My teachers will have to decide that, but from what university students told me, it'll be something like A*AC. I know LSE, UCL and others are a long shot, but I'm confident that I can get the grades. As I said before, I want to take AS Italian (since it's my native language) and I think I can get a better grades than a D. Is it worth doing AS Italian just for the AS grade to look better?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.