Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just began studying Maths, Biology, Psychology and Photography at AS level.

I also have a part time job as a waitress. So far its been around 20 hours a week, I've only been there for a few weeks.

How many hours is ideal to do while doing my as levels?

Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    My school recommends that we only work 10 hours per week but I guess just do whatever you think you can manage without compromising your grades. I love your username by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form has advised us not to do more than 8 hours of work per week. Doing 20 hours will eventually stop you doing enough work towards your AS levels because you won't have time to do both. I'm surprised that you can be a full time student and still do 20 hours/week. Does your work know that you're a student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horsewithnoname)
    My sixth form has advised us not to do more than 8 hours of work per week. Doing 20 hours will eventually stop you doing enough work towards your AS levels because you won't have time to do both. I'm surprised that you can be a full time student and still do 20 hours/week. Does your work know that you're a student?
    Yeah but I was on summer holidays until today. Thanks I'll reduce my hours and do more in holidays 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wordnerd2)
    My school recommends that we only work 10 hours per week but I guess just do whatever you think you can manage without compromising your grades. I love your username by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard 8-12 hours a week should be the aim. I only do roughly 8 hours a week, because of the subjects I'm doing. 20 is way too much to me.

ReputationRep:
    What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
    What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.