Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm applying for dentistry but my other courses I'm applying to is biomedicine. My personal statement is ENTIRELY about dentistry since it has higher competition so i wanted my personal statement to look good. But how can i change it around so i can use the same personal statement for biomedicine and dentistry? I need my personal statement to be exceptional since my as grades were bad. please help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    So I'm applying for dentistry but my other courses I'm applying to is biomedicine. My personal statement is ENTIRELY about dentistry since it has higher competition so i wanted my personal statement to look good. But how can i change it around so i can use the same personal statement for biomedicine and dentistry? I need my personal statement to be exceptional since my as grades were bad. please help!!!!
    No one is gonna write a personal statement for you. And you're not even giving us anything to work with here, what kind of help do you need? Be more specific, because it just sounds like you're asking us to write it all for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaRainbows)
    No one is gonna write a personal statement for you. And you're not even giving us anything to work with here, what kind of help do you need? Be more specific, because it just sounds like you're asking us to write it all for you
    oh sorry. I've written my personal statement already but like i said, its completely dedicated to dentistry. So like all my personal skill, characteristics, achievements are interlinked with dentistry since that has always been my first choice and a career path ive always wanted as a child (that part is also included in my PS). I dont know how to edit it around now so i can include biomedicine into it as well. I've seen that other people have the same PS for different courses as well but im just confused in how to fix mine since i just realised that i need the same personal statement for different courses.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just focus on dentistry then? Chances are, if you edit it to apply to both courses, it may look too half-assed if you get what I mean. As far as I know, a PS has to show your interest and potential dedication to the course you're applying to, and it's very difficult to word it so it suits both without sounding too abstract. Especially when it's even hard to think how dentistry relates to biomedicine sorry, I hope someone else replies, maybe they'll have some ideas.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.