The Student Room Group

Too many fake people in my life. Need advice

I recently graduated from university and came back from holiday.

I am now unemployed and thinking hard about life everyday and one thing that I have noted and experienced is that I am not very popular and frankly have no friends.

I used to have friends but they were all fake and the minute graduation was over - was the minute they all forgot me. My family abroad that I met on holiday - not even one spoke to me when I got here. I had to speak to them but they don't keep in contact.

I just hate fakes and unfortunately I have had SO many fakes and I know I will encounter them ESPECIALLY FAMILY.

The thing is what do I do
Cross them off your life and meditate
Reply 2
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Cross them off your life and meditate

This is all easier said than done!

If I cross them ALL out I will have NO friends AND NO family
Original post by yunglife
This is all easier said than done!

If I cross them ALL out I will have NO friends AND NO family

Do they add that much to your life by being there?
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Do they add that much to your life by being there?

Not really but I will find it hard regardless

I am now unemployed and thinking hard about life everyday and one thing that I have noted and experienced is that I am not very popular and frankly have no friends.

I used to have friends but they were all fake and the minute graduation was over - was the minute they all forgot me. My family abroad that I met on holiday - not even one spoke to me when I got here. I had to speak to them but they don't keep in contact.

I just hate fakes and unfortunately I have had SO many fakes and I know I will encounter them ESPECIALLY FAMILY.

F*** them, I'm in similar situation with like 0 friends and I noticed lots of retarded/fake people in my class and rather be alone than be friends with them, just focus on career then friends, for now...

You do nothing as there is not much you can do to change people.
Friends i've know for many years are the *****est friends on the planet,
my family are'nt much better but the friend i met 2 years ago treats me better than all of them. So it is only luck if you meet decent friends or have decent family that are'nt fake. Sometimes i feel like dropping the **** ones but i just don't contact them unless they contact me
Look for new friends by joining Citysocializer. Just type that name on google but remember that new friends can turn out to be the same but if you join that friendship website at least you can meet different people everytime and if you have no one to go out with everyone on there is in the same situation as you so you won't be embarrassed turning up on your own or you can organise your own events and ask people to come along

If your looking for a job sign up with several different employment agencies on the high street not just one and apply online for Trainee Recruitment jobs with agencies and online with Reed, CV Library, Monster, Indeed, Milk Round, Osbourne Appointments or whatever job you want. See if there's a Reed agency in your area

Yeah so there are absolutely always going to be loads of fakes in your life. It's part of life. I experienced falling out of touch with loads of "FAKE" friends who lived with me in Halls for my first year of uni.

However, I will share some advice that I was given. THE BEST ADVICE. I follow the motto "Be who you are and not who the world wants you to be"

And don't waste time on people who don't give a damn about you! They can piss right off.

Go out into the world, find what you love, DO IT and like-minded people will find you. They'll gravitate towards you!

Don't go out seeking friends and relationships.

Be kind, humble, positive, show love and compassion and you'll be surprised when amazing people find you.

It's really well summarised in this video I made recently :smile:

[video="youtube;BM_-PkreJ3E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_-PkreJ3E&t=3s [/video]

I hope it helps!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Matticus C
Yeah so there are absolutely always going to be loads of fakes in your life. It's part of life. I experienced falling out of touch with loads of "FAKE" friends who lived with me in Halls for my first year of uni.

However, I will share some advice that I was given. THE BEST ADVICE. I follow the motto "Be who you are and not who the world wants you to be"

And don't waste time on people who don't give a damn about you! They can piss right off.

Go out into the world, find what you love, DO IT and like-minded people will find you. They'll gravitate towards you!

Don't go out seeking friends and relationships.

Be kind, humble, positive, show love and compassion and you'll be surprised when amazing people find you.

It's really well summarised in this video I made recently :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_-PkreJ3E

I hope it helps!!!

Cutest video! Cheered me up!
Keep them at arms length like have them there but remember two can play that game. I've had my fair share of fakes but the only way to meet better people is to meet new people. Take it slow and who knows what might happen but you are better than the fake ness keep your chin up you've a lot going for you!

Quick Reply