Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are there many non drinkers at York usually during freshers week? I don't mind going out with drinking friends or being around drunk people, but was just wondering if there would be many people in this years freshers who do not drink It might be nice to hang out with some at some points.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jams132)
    Are there many non drinkers at York usually during freshers week? I don't mind going out with drinking friends or being around drunk people, but was just wondering if there would be many people in this years freshers who do not drink It might be nice to hang out with some at some points.

Thanks
    I also don't drink - I'm hoping there will be some non-alcoholic-based events though it depends on what our individual colleges have organised.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Thanks
    I'm a non-drinker too!!!

(Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I also don't drink - I'm hoping there will be some non-alcoholic-based events though it depends on what our individual colleges have organised.
    I e-mailed our college a few weeks ago and apparently it's standard policy to have drinking and non-drinking events on at the same time (like bowling or going to the cinema)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm a non-drinker too!!!

I e-mailed our college a few weeks ago and apparently it's standard policy to have drinking and non-drinking events on at the same time (like bowling or going to the cinema)
    Oh great, thanks for looking into that! I'm hoping they'll release the full timetable soon.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Oh great, thanks for looking into that! I'm hoping they'll release the full timetable soon.
    I didn't want to get any of the tickets without knowing first
    I'm also of the understanding that timetables won't be published until move in weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I didn't want to get any of the tickets without knowing first
    I'm also of the understanding that timetables won't be published until move in weekend
    I saw there was a teetotal society, but It feels kind of like it's anti-alcohol instead of like a coll meetup society. You guys freshers, mature freshers, 2nd/3rd years?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I saw there was a teetotal society, but It feels kind of like it's anti-alcohol instead of like a coll meetup society. You guys freshers, mature freshers, 2nd/3rd years?
    I got the same feel from it as well as the atheist society. And we are both greasers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I got the same feel from it as well as the atheist society. And we are both greasers
    greasers? is that a term I don't know? :')
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    greasers? is that a term I don't know? :'
    It means I missed the f and hit the g next to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It means I missed the f and hit the g next to it.
    ahaha, just thought i'd check :P Glad some other non drinkers are coming along too though what you guys studying?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.