Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my AS level results back, got an E in psychology and was advised to drop it which is what I did, but my dream is to study social psychology at university, should i still follow this path although i don't do it as an A level or am I just being unrealistic, and I should find another course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaSharpe)
    I recently got my AS level results back, got an E in psychology and was advised to drop it which is what I did, but my dream is to study social psychology at university, should i still follow this path although i don't do it as an A level or am I just being unrealistic, and I should find another course?
    A lot of universities don't require you to study A-Level Psychology before enrolling on an undergraduate degree. I studied at Plymouth and it wasn't a requirement, but other universities may differ. Consider asking which universities you're applying to, through open days or just asking around, whether they really want you to have previously studied the subject.

Additional information - I graduated with a 1st Class Honours but I actually got a D in my Psychology AS first time around. Ended up with a C for the A-Level overall. Don't let grades at A-Level put you off! Follow your passion for the subject.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.