The Student Room Group

Uni application help (History!) :)

Alrighty so I'm applying for History and I have predicted grades of hopefully A* A* A (maybe A*, A, A?) , at the moment I'm planning to apply for Oxford, St Andrews, UCL and Kings. Apparently it's a good idea to apply for a fifth university that's less competitive and you'd a have a very high chance of getting into. I'm not really sure which uni to go for- obviously I still want it to be a reasonably good uni, but also one I could almost guarantee a place at! Is Queen Marys in this category? Or Southampton? Any ideas very welcome! Thanks x
Original post by RainHolmes
Alrighty so I'm applying for History and I have predicted grades of hopefully A* A* A (maybe A*, A, A?) , at the moment I'm planning to apply for Oxford, St Andrews, UCL and Kings. Apparently it's a good idea to apply for a fifth university that's less competitive and you'd a have a very high chance of getting into. I'm not really sure which uni to go for- obviously I still want it to be a reasonably good uni, but also one I could almost guarantee a place at! Is Queen Marys in this category? Or Southampton? Any ideas very welcome! Thanks x

Hey I'm doing History at uni (I start in October).

I would suggest Southampton - it's very likely you will get in (my brother got in for History with BCC). Also, a quick search of their history course will show you how broad it is! You will definitely like something in there!
Reply 2
Original post by ilovegoats
Hey I'm doing History at uni (I start in October).

I would suggest Southampton - it's very likely you will get in (my brother got in for History with BCC). Also, a quick search of their history course will show you how broad it is! You will definitely like something in there!

Thank you! I will definitely check out their course :smile: Congrats on ur uni place!
Thank you! I will definitely check out their course :smile: Congrats on ur uni place!

Hey, no worries :smile:

Look for a course with modules you like and an absence of those you don't. Also consider those unis which allow you to study abroad or work for a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending