Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    just wondering If any of you know about what grades you would need at GCSE to go to Henrietta Barnett.
    Also if you got accepted/rejected and wouldn't mind sharing your grades that would be great too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QWERTYASDF1234)
    Hi Guys,
    just wondering If any of you know about what grades you would need at GCSE to go to Henrietta Barnett.
    Also if you got accepted/rejected and wouldn't mind sharing your grades that would be great too!
    hey, I go to hbs, and we had a sixth form thing a while back

the requirements are 6As, an A in each subject youre planning to take at a level, and at least a B in maths and english x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffee_bubbles)
    hey, I go to hbs, and we had a sixth form thing a while back

the requirements are 6As, an A in each subject youre planning to take at a level, and at least a B in maths and english x
    Although they say that those are the minimum grades you need to have in order to be considered, do you roughly what the realistic grades you need to have in order to get an offer? I've heard that it's roughly 8A* and 2A?

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrippsy)
    Although they say that those are the minimum grades you need to have in order to be considered, do you roughly what the realistic grades you need to have in order to get an offer? I've heard that it's roughly 8A* and 2A?

Thanks for your help!
    Personally, I feel as though that's a bit much, especially as for the girls carrying on from the high school, those are the only grades that will get us in.

Of course, priority will be given to those within the school already, but I think they also take several other items into account
    If its oversubscribed, they take a look at how your actual results are compared to predicted grades, and then they take a look at what subjects you've taken overall. theyre more likely to give the place to someone who's done more academic subjects, eg say two people had the same GCSEs except one did geography and the other did pe, theyd pick the one who did geography. If you want, I can give you a list of all the comparable subjects

apparently if its still oversubscribed, they may look at location, but to be honest, they really dont base much off location at all

dont stress over it too much yeah x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffee_bubbles)
    Personally, I feel as though that's a bit much, especially as for the girls carrying on from the high school, those are the only grades that will get us in.

Of course, priority will be given to those within the school already, but I think they also take several other items into account
    If its oversubscribed, they take a look at how your actual results are compared to predicted grades, and then they take a look at what subjects you've taken overall. theyre more likely to give the place to someone who's done more academic subjects, eg say two people had the same GCSEs except one did geography and the other did pe, theyd pick the one who did geography. If you want, I can give you a list of all the comparable subjects

apparently if its still oversubscribed, they may look at location, but to be honest, they really dont base much off location at all

dont stress over it too much yeah x
    Thanks for your comments - it's really helpful.

I just wondered, when you said 'actual results' what were you referring to because I think they send conditional offers to external students in March? So I suppose at that time, we would still only have our predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrippsy)
    Thanks for your comments - it's really helpful.

I just wondered, when you said 'actual results' what were you referring to because I think they send conditional offers to external students in March? So I suppose at that time, we would still only have our predicted grades?
    sure, they probably send conditional offers
    but doesnt that basically mean 'yeah, we're considering you'

you wouldn't have actually been offered a place until you get your actual GCSE results, if you get what I mean

im not really sure what you have to write in the application form, as we're submitting ours literally a month after the external students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.