Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So as the title suggests I am a huge fan of Downton Abbey and want to know if anybody on the Student Room shares my passion!

So here is my little fact file:
    Favourite character: Lord Grantham; he is just so nice and always puts the Crawley's first. Also he is fair and caring towards the servants!

Least favourite character: Lady Mary: She is just plain EVIL!

Favourite season: Probably 6: I like the lightness of the series although its still very upsetting as its the last

I enjoy Downton Abbey as its very well written and I think is probably quite accurate to life during the 1910's and 1920's. It also lovely to see how the different characters develop overtime and their relationships with both the upstairs and downstairs folks. I also love the outfits and the way the fashions change over the time.

So tell me people!
    Who is your favourite/ least favourite character
    And favourite season (or episode if you want!)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Favourite: Lady Sybil, Branson,Mr Mason, William, Matthew, Jimmy and THOMAS OMG YES and i began to like Lady Edith towards the end
    Least: CARSON EW NO and Lady Mary

I met the man who played Micheal Gregson at the globe theatre last year ... he was stabbed on stage

I don't have a favourite episode or season, although i loved it when Mary had the dead body of Pamuk in her bed also the final episode (i cried alot)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Favourite: Lady Sybil, Branson,Mr Mason, William, Matthew, Jimmy and THOMAS OMG YES and i began to like Lady Edith towards the end
    Least: CARSON EW NO and Lady Mary

I met the man who played Micheal Gregson at the globe theatre last year ... he was stabbed on stage

I don't have a favourite episode or season, although i loved it when Mary had the dead body of Pamuk in her bed also the final episode (i cried alot)

The final episode I was absolutely in tears, but I'm glad everyone got a nice ending!
    Im glad there are more supporters of Thomas; I think even though he did some pretty stupid things he was just misunderstood and actually as we saw in the last seasons he was a nice guy!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Wirefox)
    The final episode I was absolutely in tears, but I'm glad everyone got a nice ending!
    Im glad there are more supporters of Thomas; I think even though he did some pretty stupid things he was just misunderstood and actually as we saw in the last seasons he was a nice guy!
    Yes! He was just frustrated and you could tell. I am so glad that Mr Mosely had a good ending and i am also very glad that O'brien never returned.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! He was just frustrated and you could tell. I am so glad that Mr Mosely had a good ending and i am also very glad that O'brien never returned.
    I always felt so sorry for Mr Mosely, he just always seemed to be on the wrong end of the stick
    Miss O'brien was just so spiteful and I think eventhough she stuck up for Alfred she just didn't fit in with the others. I'm glad she left.

What do you think about Mr and Mrs Bates??
    I think personally their storylines just went on slightly too long... But I'm glad it all worked out.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Wirefox)
    I always felt so sorry for Mr Mosely, he just always seemed to be on the wrong end of the stick
    Miss O'brien was just so spiteful and I think eventhough she stuck up for Alfred she just didn't fit in with the others. I'm glad she left.

What do you think about Mr and Mrs Bates??
    I think personally their storylines just went on slightly too long... But I'm glad it all worked out.
    I did not like them together, i just found it strange and weird and i really didn't like Bates even though he was okay...i just believe that Anna deserved better...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan. Didn't it end ages ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did not like them together, i just found it strange and weird and i really didn't like Bates even though he was okay...i just believe that Anna deserved better...
    They were a weird couple.... I'm glad they got what they wanted but they just seemed to take up too much time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    I'm not a fan. Didn't it end ages ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It ended last year, but it's still very popular and has a large fan base and I just wanted to know whether there were other fans here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.