Is it fair?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hat100
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is it fair to have so many exams?! Thinking about it as a teenager you have to study hard for SATS which is no prob right but that's enough, then you've got GCSE's, the you have the A Levels, then you have what ever you do at uni, it seems to go on and on! Does anyone feel like their life is full of exams and how well you do and then more exams?!
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hat100)
Is it fair to have so many exams?! Thinking about it as a teenager you have to study hard for SATS which is no prob right but that's enough, then you've got GCSE's, the you have the A Levels, then you have what ever you do at uni, it seems to go on and on! Does anyone feel like their life is full of exams and how well you do and then more exams?!
I reckon we should be given exams throughout the year - like every month or something. However, the exams should be kind of secret and disguised as normal classwork - no revision required, and based on knowledge aquired during the month. Then there wouldnt be the stress of revising; they should test us secretly.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When we leave school, work will be a 100 times more stressful. I see the exams as good preperation.
elisabeth_rb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hat100)
Yeah, I take your point! We are a very qualification based socoety in Britain, but there are worse systems. The German one is monster inflexible. You only do one set of exams but you can only take them once too, so if you flunk, you flunk for good.

Swings and roundabouts.....

Elisabeth=)
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that the exams should be done at different times for each subject, instead of about 20 all at once. That way there is less to revise for.
Lyd
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
I think that the exams should be done at different times for each subject, instead of about 20 all at once. That way there is less to revise for.
Lyd
Totally Agree!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%