Turn on thread page Beta

What should I wear with this skirt? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl who has a yellow skirt, and she wears it with a light orange top.
    I think it looks nice.. but it would depend on the shade of the skirt

ReputationRep:
    That is a gorgeous skirt. Might get meself one. I would personally put it with a yellow or white top. But then again, im a bit obsessed bith yellow at the moment.

MAybe something like this http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...0901_392614_-1 with this overtop http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...0901_392663_-1

or http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...0901_368882_-1

or http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...0901_338529_-1 over top of yellow top

There are so many possibilities, yellows, whites and blacks mix them and it will look great

ReputationRep:
    ooh! that's nice!
    You can wear loads of colours with that! Chocolate brown, navy, various shades of grey, white of course as you mentioned - even some shades of turquoise!
    A forest green might also go very well with that skirt, but I'd avoid khaki (but then I hate that colour personally, might be just me though, hahaha).

If you're tall you can get away easily with wearing a darker colour on top, but if you're shorter and want to look longer, then white or look for a similar yellow for on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    ooh! that's nice!
    You can wear loads of colours with that! Chocolate brown, navy, various shades of grey, white of course as you mentioned - even some shades of turquoise!
    A forest green might also go very well with that skirt, but I'd avoid khaki (but then I hate that colour personally, might be just me though, hahaha).

If you're tall you can get away easily with wearing a darker colour on top, but if you're shorter and want to look longer, then white or look for a similar yellow for on top.
    That's interesting, didn't know colouring worked liked that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    That's interesting, didn't know colouring worked liked that!
    it's something I noticed recently when I bought some lighter coloured jeans.

I was wearing the lighter jeans with white tops and then some times with dark brown ones...oooh... the difference!
    I mean, it wasn't that bad, but I realised there was a difference and experimented a bit more and looked around. When my really short friend wears top and bottom with a big contrast in light/dark and/or colours she generally seems to look a lot shorter and somehow 'cut-up'. When it's all one colour she appears taller, whether that's all white or all black or all blue!
    The different colours don't make such a huge difference with me, but then I'm taller than her. How ever the light/dark contrast still gets me.
    I've noticed on people taller than me that this doesn't happen to them though. They can wear their colours however they like in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    what shoes u got to wear with it, its really pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I've just bought this skirt online but don't know what I can wear on top (apart from like a plain white jumper/tee). Any ideas would be appreciated!! Picture of moi in profile if people think knowing my skin tone is important

Hmmm a nice white or coral coloured fitted top would look lovely Jeanne Pastels would go brilliantly with it

ReputationRep:
    as soon as I saw that I imagined it with a three quater length chocolate coloured cotton cardigan top thingy, the sorta thing you'd fin in topshop or h&m. sorta like something the girls from grease would wear!!!!might be better for autumn/winter tho!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geordiebabehh)
    what shoes u got to wear with it, its really pretty
    I have some goldy sandals? Or beigy-goldy pumps? Those are the only matching ones I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joderz)
    as soon as I saw that I imagined it with a three quater length chocolate coloured cotton cardigan top thingy, the sorta thing you'd fin in topshop or h&m. sorta like something the girls from grease would wear!!!!might be better for autumn/winter tho!!!
    I have something like that, so will deffo try the combo

ReputationRep:
    i'd say white or pale yellow. or a yellow that is similar to the one on the pic.
    or mix them, for example short sleeve white top with a yellow cardigan/bolero/vest etc.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.