Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imagine you had a best friend, who has a girlfriend and two babies.

Now you see them on Bonfire Night 2015 and hear they are planning on moving house, you have a catch up and then thats that... A couple of weeks later you send him a text saying 'how are you' and you hear no reply, fair enough, hes busy.
    A couple more weeks later you send another text and again hear no reply...
    Christmas is fast approaching and you go and buy the babies their christmas presents and send another text just asking if they are all settled in, when can the presents be dropped round.... and again no reply.

You end up dropping them round his dads house (he wasnt in so left in the porch) because you have absolutely no idea where he is even living... I was kind of expecting a text to say 'Oh I am so sorry, thanks for the presents, catch up needed'. But again, nothing... Christmas comes and goes... nothing..

You wait until New year and send another happy festive text saying hope you had a great christmas, hope the babies liked their presents!!!!' and nothing.

So you delete them in March off facebook, and then get a angry message saying what did you delete us for?

ReputationRep:
    I do not know the situation enough probably, however it sounds, from what you've described
    1.they didn't want to be friends anymore but also didn't want you to know that so they are pretending that they did want to be friends
    2.they are really busy because they have 2 babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Imagine you had a best friend, who has a girlfriend and two babies.

Now you see them on Bonfire Night 2015 and hear they are planning on moving house, you have a catch up and then thats that... A couple of weeks later you send him a text saying 'how are you' and you hear no reply, fair enough, hes busy.
    A couple more weeks later you send another text and again hear no reply...
    Christmas is fast approaching and you go and buy the babies their christmas presents and send another text just asking if they are all settled in, when can the presents be dropped round.... and again no reply.

You end up dropping them round his dads house (he wasnt in so left in the porch) because you have absolutely no idea where he is even living... I was kind of expecting a text to say 'Oh I am so sorry, thanks for the presents, catch up needed'. But again, nothing... Christmas comes and goes... nothing..

You wait until New year and send another happy festive text saying hope you had a great christmas, hope the babies liked their presents!!!!' and nothing.

So you delete them in March off facebook, and then get a angry message saying what did you delete us for?
    maybe they lost their phone/changed numbers and forgot to update you.
    seems weird that they would be upset at you deleting them when they've been blatantly ignoring you all this time.

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell them you've been trying to get in touch with them for months and even if they did change their phone so didn't have your number they could've told you about it and tell them how you even bought presents for his child. Maybe in the future he should put some effort into your friendship rather than shooting off angry messages when he's the one who's ignored you

Thanks.

That is what I needed to hear
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds like they can't be bothered with making the effort. It takes 30 seconds to reply to a text saying thanks for the presents.

Can't understand why they've moaned at you for deleting you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.