Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got my English results around June time and I got a D for English gcse . I looked up the grade boundaries for the 2016 paper and saw I was one mark off. I tell my English teacher I'm really tempted to just get it remarked get my C and not have to study it again but she tells me over the years she's seen people get papers remarked and it stayed the same. So my main questions are...
    If I did get my English remarked do you think I'm likely to get that 1 extra mark to give me a C or should I not bother and just sit the exam again next year?

Is it true most of the time you just get the same grade because I really can't be asked to sit this again if I could just get it checked over?

And honestly in my situation is it worth getting it remarked? Any replies to my dilemma are deeply appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get it remarked. I remarked four of my GCSE's and two of them went up enough to change the grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee Malcolm)
    So I got my English results around June time and I got a D for English gcse . I looked up the grade boundaries for the 2016 paper and saw I was one mark off. I tell my English teacher I'm really tempted to just get it remarked get my C and not have to study it again but she tells me over the years she's seen people get papers remarked and it stayed the same. So my main questions are...
    If I did get my English remarked do you think I'm likely to get that 1 extra mark to give me a C or should I not bother and just sit the exam again next year?

Is it true most of the time you just get the same grade because I really can't be asked to sit this again if I could just get it checked over?

And honestly in my situation is it worth getting it remarked? Any replies to my dilemma are deeply appreciated.
    Definitely, what have you got to lose . I recently got my AS remark back for law and my teacher looked at it and said it wouldn't go up and it went up 16 UMS. English is really subjective like law was and so it is likely to change.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    Hi,You seem important on TSR. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atyvk)
    Definitely get it remarked. I remarked four of my GCSE's and two of them went up enough to change the grade.
    Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    Hi,You seem important on TSR. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?
    I think you have to ask your tutor if you can get it remarked and then take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee Malcolm)
    I think you have to ask your tutor if you can get it remarked and then take it from there.
    How long do the raw marks stay on school computer system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    How long do the raw marks stay on school computer system?
    I'm not sure I read another thread and someone said roughly 30 days but they could be wrong

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.