The Student Room Group

Should I get my English remarked

So I got my English results around June time and I got a D for English gcse . I looked up the grade boundaries for the 2016 paper and saw I was one mark off. I tell my English teacher I'm really tempted to just get it remarked get my C and not have to study it again but she tells me over the years she's seen people get papers remarked and it stayed the same. So my main questions are...
If I did get my English remarked do you think I'm likely to get that 1 extra mark to give me a C or should I not bother and just sit the exam again next year?

Is it true most of the time you just get the same grade because I really can't be asked to sit this again if I could just get it checked over?

And honestly in my situation is it worth getting it remarked? Any replies to my dilemma are deeply appreciated.
Reply 1
Definitely get it remarked. I remarked four of my GCSE's and two of them went up enough to change the grade.
Reply 2
Original post by Lee Malcolm
So I got my English results around June time and I got a D for English gcse . I looked up the grade boundaries for the 2016 paper and saw I was one mark off. I tell my English teacher I'm really tempted to just get it remarked get my C and not have to study it again but she tells me over the years she's seen people get papers remarked and it stayed the same. So my main questions are...
If I did get my English remarked do you think I'm likely to get that 1 extra mark to give me a C or should I not bother and just sit the exam again next year?

Is it true most of the time you just get the same grade because I really can't be asked to sit this again if I could just get it checked over?

And honestly in my situation is it worth getting it remarked? Any replies to my dilemma are deeply appreciated.

Definitely, what have you got to lose :h:. I recently got my AS remark back for law and my teacher looked at it and said it wouldn't go up and it went up 16 UMS. English is really subjective like law was and so it is likely to change. :tongue:
Reply 3
Thanks alot
Reply 4
Hi,You seem important on TSR. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?
Reply 5
Original post by atyvk
Definitely get it remarked. I remarked four of my GCSE's and two of them went up enough to change the grade.

Thanks for the help
Reply 6
Original post by Jane122
Hi,You seem important on TSR. How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?

I think you have to ask your tutor if you can get it remarked and then take it from there.
Reply 7
Original post by Lee Malcolm
I think you have to ask your tutor if you can get it remarked and then take it from there.

How long do the raw marks stay on school computer system?
Reply 8
Original post by Jane122
How long do the raw marks stay on school computer system?

I'm not sure I read another thread and someone said roughly 30 days but they could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest