Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone,

I am a first year medical student outside of London. I am wondering if it is possible to get a foundation training placement in London? Can I choose whatever city I want? And how well do I need to achieve in medical school?

Any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    You can apply wherever you like in the country, and it doesn't make any difference where you went to uni (it's not on that part of the form). At the moment foundation jobs are allocated based on your academic score - a combination of your decile within the year group plus a few extra points for intercalating/publications etc - plus your result in the Situational Judgement Test. The higher you get overall, the better chance you have of getting your top choice of foundation job. The London foundation schools are usually the most oversubscribed so you would need to have a slightly higher score to have a decent chance there. But the whole system may have changed by the time you get there...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.