Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If anybody gets it they deserve rep (tomorrow) its quite hard

What signifince is this scruffy old iron bridge to pop music?

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/ironbridge.jpg

I am not expecting anybody to get this.

ReputationRep:
    any chance u can rephrase the question?

ReputationRep:
    Is it the iron bridge behind Morrissey's old secondary school, featured in Still Ill?

ReputationRep:
    Ok a clue

What song and by who was this iron bridge mentioned in?

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with The Smiths.

ReputationRep:
    Smiths - Still Ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Is it the iron bridge behind Morrissey's old secondary school, featured in Still Ill?
    GRRRRRRRR :mad:

Well done

Its behind a railway line (from Trafford Bar to Stetford metrolink) but its near his old school. They may well have been a school at the other end of the bridge actualy.

But yes Still Ill

"under the iron bridge we kissed..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    GRRRRRRRR :mad:

Well done

Its behind a railway line (from Trafford Bar to Stetford metrolink) but its near his old school. They may well have been a school at the other end of the bridge actualy.

But yes Still Ill

"under the iron bridge we kissed..."
    well...that was fun :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am not expecting anybody to get this.
    You were wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    well...that was fun :rolleyes:
    Well I thought nobody would get it, I mean I don't think that song was even released. I went to take a picture of Morrisey's old house on Kings Road

www.robertson-i.co.uk/kingsroad.jpg

and came across an iron bridge so I instantly thought of Still Ill, a little research prooved the link.

ReputationRep:
    oooh, very tough

next question: whats the meaning of life?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bring your thread to a premature end what can I say, us Mancunians know our geography

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought nobody would get it, I mean I don't think that song was even released. I went to take a picture of Morrisey's old house on Kings Road

and came across an iron bridge so I instantly thought of Still Ill, a little research prooved the link.
    It was quite easy to find in google... I took a wild guess that it was the Smiths, put the two phrases into google, and there you go. Hornblower beat me too it though. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Not exactly the kind of images that spring to mind when I think of the King's Road, ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    It was quite easy to find in google... I took a wild guess that it was the Smiths, put the two phrases into google, and there you go. Hornblower beat me too it though. :rolleyes:
    That was my fatal mistake, I shouldn't have mentioned the iron bridge, but then it would be impossible.

ReputationRep:
    That was my fatal mistake, I shouldn't have mentioned the iron bridge, but then it would be impossible.
    Hmm, your website won't load for me. I supose it's working find for everybody else though. I guess the internet hates me again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Not exactly the kind of images that spring to mind when I think of the King's Road, ah well.
    Argh but look we even have green trees up north

I think its council house but I am not sure. Its in Stetford, Manchester near Old Trafford stadiums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    oooh, very tough

next question: whats the meaning of life?
    42, wait thats the answer to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Hmm, your website won't load for me. I supose it's working find for everybody else though. I guess the internet hates me again.
    Yeah its one of them annoying DNS errors you some times get. I used to get them all the time until I got router.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its one of them annoying DNS errors you some times get. I used to get them all the time until I got router.
    I've already had the same issues with hotmail and amazon... works fine for everybody else, including my mother's computer, with who I share a connection, but will they work for me? Nooooooo.... :mad:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.