I NEED some decent looking trainers! Watch

totalfussball
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically I've never really payed much attention to footwear and for the past couple of years have stuck with my, know worn out, K-swiss's which wernt really that nice, in fact I only really bought them because they were black (easier to clean). I'm going to the trafford centre tommorow and thought I'd pick up some nice trainers, spending about £40, and some advice about colour style (or just show me some through a link?) would be really appreciated. Thankks.

P.s might pick up some t-shirts aswell after realising that most of the t-shirts I wear at the moment are a bit ***** so some help in that department wouldnt go amiss either..
totalfussball
Rep:
?
I was thinking of getting some low converse all stars, even though everyone seems to wear them, what do people think of those/ figured iot might make a nice 'safe' option
http://www.qubeshoes.co.uk/product/?...ol=10&gender=M
Fire Star
Report 11 years ago
k swiss much better.
Mr_AshP
Report 11 years ago
Converse are cool, but a bit too casual.
Why not try some Dunlop or K-Swiss? There are some pretty mint designs out there...just keep looking! I know Topman have a few nice dunlop shoes.
totalfussball
Rep:
?
I've been wearing K-swiss all this time so wouldnt mind trying something new really. Problem with adidas is everyone will think I'm a chav, which I kinda used to be, and now I'm really trying to shed this image :p:
HANNAH1987
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.asos.com/Ted-Baker/Ted-Ba...32482&cid=1935

http://www.asos.com/Footwear/Cat/pge...5&showall=true
Mr_AshP
Report 11 years ago
Sorry, I meant dunlops up there^ not adidas xD

Check out my dunlops.. they're not chavvy at all and look good with the rest of my clothes.
totalfussball
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr_AshP)

Check out my dunlops.. they're not chavvy at all and look good with the rest of my clothes.
Yeah they look pretty nice What shop could I get them from?
Mr_AshP
Report 11 years ago
Topman!
They give a nice smart-casual look when worn with decent clothes
Meltdown30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mr_AshP)

Ohh, do they sell those in woman's sizes? :p: (Not implying that they're girly, I just really like them!)

Dunlop do really nice trainers. I like these a lot. I'm not a big Converse fan, probably because 90% of the people I know have them. Their soles are paper thin too so they're not very comfortable.
a5d
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you ever owned a pair of Adidas Gazelle? I've got two pairs, black/black (they look really slick) and red/white and they're the most comfortable trainers I have ever worn, in my life. I'm thinking of adding a pair of Vintage Gazelles or a limited edition to my collection.

I own quite a few pairs of converses and I must say they are quite comfortable and stylish but they dont go with all the jeans.

Here's a few suggestions:

The Gazelles I've got:

Vintage Gazelles I'm looking to purchase:

Mr_AshP
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Meltdown30)
Ohh, do they sell those in woman's sizes? :p: (Not implying that they're girly, I just really like them!)

Dunlop do really nice trainers. I like these a lot. I'm not a big Converse fan, probably because 90% of the people I know have them. Their soles are paper thin too so they're not very comfortable.
I'm sure you can find them in smaller sizes in Topman. If not then try Qube or Republic, etc.
Scipio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by a5d)
Have you ever owned a pair of Adidas Gazelle? I've got two pairs, black/black (they look really slick) and red/white and they're the most comfortable trainers I have ever worn, in my life. I'm thinking of adding a pair of Vintage Gazelles or a limited edition to my collection.

I own quite a few pairs of converses and I must say they are quite comfortable and stylish but they dont go with all the jeans.

Here's a few suggestions:

The Gazelles I've got:

Vintage Gazelles I'm looking to purchase:

Recently bought this pair on sale at Schuh for £30, bargain.

Definitely worth checking out Schuh while the sale is still going.

edit: Please don't get a pair of converse. I loathe them because every other person seems to wear them, change it up!
a5d
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pav27)
Recently bought this pair on sale at Schuh for £30, bargain.

Definitely worth checking out Schuh while the sale is still going.

Im afraid your links arent showing the products. Could you at least post the pictures, thanks.

EDIT: I meant your first link.
Scipio
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by a5d)
Im afraid your links arent showing the products. Could you at least post the pictures, thanks.

EDIT: I meant your first link.
Fixed.
a5d
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pav27)
Fixed.
So thumbs up for Gazelles? How you finding them?
My mate's got the Adidas x Neighborhood Gazelles in white and himself admitted they are one of the comfy-est pairs hes ever owned .

http://www.hideoutstore.com/outlook/?p=335
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
adidas superstars, everytime!
geordie2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Y3's are nice but a bit expensive
totalfussball
Rep:
?
Went today then, didnt get any though non of the stores had my size in :rolleyes: Might get them on Friday then, least I'll have more time to ponder over which ones to get. thanks for all your help aswell!
Duran Duran
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are there any semi-formal trainers that are not white that one can recommend ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
26%
No (259)
74%

Watched Threads