Turn on thread page Beta

Does it annoy you when people post pics of you on myspace? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    cos some of us are insecure about the way we look (i'm not referring to the OP - i'm talking about myself); and sometimes you cant excuse yourself from not being in a photo - eg at a wedding they want all of you to be in the frame (cos youre the immediate family) . . then the person posts the picture on their myspace page.

i now try and prevent myself from having photos of me taken - becasue of the potential of it being put up on myspace/ facebook.

thankfully i dont recall having that many photos of me taken by people when i was younger - otherwise i would be extremely paranoid
    It's not about insecure about my looks or what ever. it's about bloody privacy. I mean in total I personally have like 1 publically visible pic on the net, all the others are from some random or friends when I was drunk, school or just doing stuff. I have a big privacy issue on the net, I don't tell people where I live, or my real name or any of that ****, so I certianly don't want pics on me all over the ****ing internet. It's my face and they should ask permission.../rant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    It's not about insecure about my looks or what ever. it's about bloody privacy. I mean in total I personally have like 1 publically visible pic on the net, all the others are from some random or friends when I was drunk, school or just doing stuff. I have a big privacy issue on the net, I don't tell people where I live, or my real name or any of that ****, so I certianly don't want pics on me all over the ****ing internet. It's my face and they should ask permission.../rant.
    i wasnt suggesting you were insecure about your looks (as stated in brackets in my previous post) . . .and yes I do have a big privacy issue aswell; and to be honest with you i dont even appreciate my name being printed anywhere in the public domain.

My name is unique (as oppose to John Smith) . . .my dad phoned me the other day in about 3 years or something . .and i almost wanted to rant at him . . .why the **** did you give me such a ****ing stupid name for.

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt suggesting you were insecure about your looks (as stated in brackets in my previous post) . . .and yes I do have a big privacy issue aswell;
    I wasn't having a go at you buddy, don't worry, more at other people. I don't see anything wrong with staying 'private' esp on the net. I've meet some freaks on here, who I'd like to stay the hell away from, including not seeing my face...that's all.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't having a go at you buddy, don't worry, more at other people. I don't see anything wrong with staying 'private' esp on the net. I've meet some freaks on here, who I'd like to stay the hell away from, including not seeing my face...that's all.
    what do you mean by some freaks on here . . .(not naming names)

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by some freaks on here . . .(not naming names)
    Oh I don't mean on TSR! I mean guys I've talked to on msn.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ was a bit ambiguous. on here could have meant on the net . . or as I had interpreted . . u'd actually met up with someone u were chatting to on tsr!!! thats what i had thought 4 a mo!!!

ReputationRep:
    do you not think this is gonna cause problems for you in the future . . people who are in senior positions shall inevitably have their own homepage for the organisation they work for . . and most homepages may have a photo of the person concerned . . .i mean even your lecturer at uni (i'm not saying u want to become a lecturer) will have his photo on his webpage . . .if u wanted to get in touch with an MD for a co. chances are ther's gonna be a foto of him/her on the company's webpage . . .

ReputationRep:
    do you not think this is gonna cause problems for you in the future . . people who are in senior positions shall inevitably have their own homepage for the organisation they work for . . and most homepages may have a photo of the person concerned . . .i mean even your lecturer at uni (i'm not saying u want to become a lecturer) will have his photo on his webpage . . .if u wanted to get in touch with an MD for a co. chances are ther's gonna be a foto of him/her on the company's webpage . . .
    Are you saying I should come to terms with having photos up, just in case my career goes that way? :s sorry I dont quite understand ya post. But anyway I think I have a right allow pics of me on the net or not.

ReputationRep:
    (i'm not having a stab with you - i sympathise with u, cos i feel like i'm in a similar postion) i was just saying it should be something that you should think about . . . it's something i have been pondering recently
    Are you saying I should come to terms with having photos up, just in case my career goes that way? :s sorry I dont quite understand ya post. But anyway I think I have a right allow pics of me on the net or not.
    essentially yes . . .for someone working as a shelf stacker at tesco it's not something that they have to worry about . . but if i wanted to find out who the CEO of tesco is . .within 5 mins i cud find a foto of him on the web.

ReputationRep:
    it's not a majorly bad thing, i don't mind it but i hate people's comments taking the mick and then them using them against you.

ReputationRep:
    It would do, had I not killed them all.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.