Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this car safe to drive and WTF is wrong with it? PLEASE HELP! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    if you are in the AA or RAC you can get them to have a look. it may be something simple like a blockage in the fuel line.

ReputationRep:
    The computer is detecting an engine problem, could be anything.
    The speedo dropping to zero is sometimes an early warning sign (happened to mine anyway)

Has your engine diagnostics light come on?
    Your description focuses too much on the road dramatics rather than symptoms so difficult to guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mphysical)
    The computer is detecting an engine problem, could be anything.
    The speedo dropping to zero is sometimes an early warning sign (happened to mine anyway)

Has your engine diagnostics light come on?
    Your description focuses too much on the road dramatics rather than symptoms so difficult to guess.
    Sorry, I posted literally about 20 minutes afterwards and I was freaking out.

I definitely remember seeing the engine light illuminated yellow when the car had lost power and come to a stop with the key in the ignition before I took it out and restarted. But I can't remember if it was illuminated when the key was in the second position or in the first (electrics) position when I ''turned off the engine'' (which wasn't running - just instinctive). I pulled the key out - then put it back in again and re-started and no warning lights were on when I drove home.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

First post edited with clearer explanation of the problem.

Would I be taking a big risk to drive this car to a garage today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if you are in the AA or RAC you can get them to have a look. it may be something simple like a blockage in the fuel line.
    I only have personal breakdown cover, so I don't think they'd come out to my home for this. Also, from what I've researched, the issue hasn't been resolved as a fuel blockage from the dozens of cases I've read. Would that explain the speedo dropping?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.