The Student Room Group

Is philosophy an acceptable A2 level over A2 maths ( HELP! WHAT TO DROP)

Guys, any help ASAP will be great;
I recently got my AS results back, I got ABBB ( PHILOSOPHY, BIO , CHEM , MATHS)
In order to secure an A/A* in maths i need to retake 2 modules from this year;meaning I will have 5 maths exam this summer which i need to get average 80ums in all of them. However, My philosophy grade was a high A, (full ums in one paper / 83 in another), and I'm on track for a safe A or a potential A*.

I never knew, but a level maths is not compulsory for vetmed, does me dropping A2 maths in order to resume A2 philsophy alter my chances? Do they give offers to people with maths over philosophy?

Taking philosophy would also mean i get predicted A*AA for a2 rather than AAA.

Sorry for this incredibly rushed nonsensical question, in conclusion, can i resume a less stressful a level period by going back to philosophy and still have a good chance of getting an interview/offer?
MATHS (HARD) /PHILOSOPHY (SAFE) ?????
THANKS!!!!
Yes. Philosophy is a well-respected A-Level and you should do what you can guarantee doing well in.
Original post by boldyjim
Guys, any help ASAP will be great;
I recently got my AS results back, I got ABBB ( PHILOSOPHY, BIO , CHEM , MATHS)
In order to secure an A/A* in maths i need to retake 2 modules from this year;meaning I will have 5 maths exam this summer which i need to get average 80ums in all of them. However, My philosophy grade was a high A, (full ums in one paper / 83 in another), and I'm on track for a safe A or a potential A*.

I never knew, but a level maths is not compulsory for vetmed, does me dropping A2 maths in order to resume A2 philsophy alter my chances? Do they give offers to people with maths over philosophy?

Taking philosophy would also mean i get predicted A*AA for a2 rather than AAA.

Sorry for this incredibly rushed nonsensical question, in conclusion, can i resume a less stressful a level period by going back to philosophy and still have a good chance of getting an interview/offer?
MATHS (HARD) /PHILOSOPHY (SAFE) ?????
THANKS!!!!

Makes no difference if it's not one of the A levels they ask for and if you're more likely to get a better grade do the subject you're best at

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only vet school it would make a difference for is Cambridge. All the others will accept philosophy and you won't be at any disadvantage.

As others have said, do the subject you enjoy most and that you're more likely to get a better grade in.

Quick Reply