The Student Room Group

Part time social work/ counselling jobs

Once I've graduated I want to train to become a counsellor or work some sort of social job, I think it would be best to quit my current part time job working in a coffee shop to work within an area associated with my career goals, to gain experience and see if it's something I want to pursue. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do without any specific qualifications and still studying? Finding it almost impossible!*
Original post by gymnast14
Once I've graduated I want to train to become a counsellor or work some sort of social job, I think it would be best to quit my current part time job working in a coffee shop to work within an area associated with my career goals, to gain experience and see if it's something I want to pursue. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do without any specific qualifications and still studying? Finding it almost impossible!*

I doubt you will find anything paid, it's a sector where professional responsibility is required and that means qualifications. I suspect your best/only option would be volunteering with charities that work with people needing the services of social workers/counsellors. The qualifications will give you the skills, simple exposure to helping these people as a volunteer will confirm the empathy/desire to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending