The Student Room Group

GCSE Options

Hi everyone
So I am choosing my options soon and am thinking to choose : triple sci , Spanish , art & history. I would just like to know are these options good because I'm worried I may have too much work especially as I'm doing art , which has loads of coursework, alongside history which has a lot of essay writing. Is there any input anyone can give just to help me come to a final decision ? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Amethyst_
Hi everyone
So I am choosing my options soon and am thinking to choose : triple sci , Spanish , art & history. I would just like to know are these options good because I'm worried I may have too much work especially as I'm doing art , which has loads of coursework, alongside history which has a lot of essay writing. Is there any input anyone can give just to help me come to a final decision ? Thanks :smile:

Triple science - Great
Spanish- if you like languages then yep
History AND Art- what??
My friends who do art and history have to chose which one to work for as work is too much. Maybe do a subject that complements science and then do history or art
Hi everyone

just do what you enjoy and you think you will do well in :smile: I did music, which has loads of coursework, computing, which also has a ton of coursework, and sociology which is essay writing like history, I managed okay and got ABB in my options. I also did triple science which is definitely worth the bit of extra work :h:
You should be fine with History and Art as long as you put in enough work and are passionate about both. Also- make year 10 count in terms of art coursework (if that's still how it works). I didn't get as much coursework done/done to a high enough standard as I could have in year 10 for art and that really added to the workload. I did Geography and Art and got an A* in both.
Hi everyone

I would only ever advise doing languages if you have an interest in them. I, and many others, took one half-heartedly and now regret it. Don't worry though, if the school forces you to take an MFL.

Quick Reply

Latest