Worried about difficult of further maths

Watch
Eden00
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey! So I recently started sixth form doing maths, further maths, physics and history and so far all my lessons have been going well! However, I am getting kind of worried about the difficult of further maths, my teachers keep going on about how difficult it is, and although I understand everything we have done so far (not a lot, only complex numbers/ particle moving in a straight line in m1 and then some c1), I have looked further in the fp1 textbooks and it seems really hard. Is there any way to stop myself getting so worried, or is there a reason to be worried as it is very difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ValerieKR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eden00)
Is there any way to stop myself getting so worried?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Therapy I guess?
cliveb2016
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't worry it's not that hard. people exaggerate it tbh.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! So I recently started sixth form doing maths, further maths, physics and history and so far all my lessons have been going well! However, I am getting kind of worried about the difficult of further maths, my teachers keep going on about how difficult it is, and although I understand everything we have done so far (not a lot, only complex numbers/ particle moving in a straight line in m1 and then some c1), I have looked further in the fp1 textbooks and it seems really hard. Is there any way to stop myself getting so worried, or is there a reason to be worried as it is very difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least for this year, you're fine. Further Maths AS really isn't that much worse than normal Maths so there's no need to worry now. Further Maths A2 certainly IS hard but what happens happens, try your best and that's all anyone can ask of you. The fact that you're finding FP1 fine so far is motivating, you'll probably do well if you put the work in
Naruke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Further maths [AS] is not difficult at all, just extra modules.

Work hard and you won't find it very difficult.
AAls
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't really say something is hard by just looking at and not attempting to do it. As others have said AS further maths isn't difficult especially with the modules you're taking. The A2 further maths modules such as FP2/FP3 and M3+ are hard though.

There really is nothing to worry about at this stage.
razzor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something is only 'hard' if you don't know what you're doing. If you work hard and do plenty of examples in the textbook, it should be a doddle in the end. If you ever get stuck, you can always ask your teacher or post your questions on TSR
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its not bad at all.
Stay ontop of exercises, ask people for help and its very unlikely that fter that u will be stuck on tons of stuff. After, just papers tbh. Thats enough to secure very high marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mik1a
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People who find this stuff hard are people who can't keep up, I think. They get confused at something, but they don't ask questions and just leave it. Then very quickly the pile of confusing stuff builds up, and there is a backlog of work that is difficult to keep under control. That's when it gets hard for most people.

Remember, it's two A-levels, so it's going to be quite a lot of work.

But the key is to keep on top of it. Don't let ANYTHING get past you without you understanding it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.34%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (474)
48.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed