Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I`m applying to university this year for a course starting next year and I`m freaking out with the eligibility for student loans as I really want to go uni next year. I`ve only lived in the UK for 3 years (4 years next august, before university starts). Would I be eligible for maintenance loan?

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It's how long you've lived here and not your mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It's how long you've lived here and not your mum.
    So if I`ve been in the UK for 4 years, would I be eligible for the loan?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Silva Costa)
    So if I`ve been in the UK for 4 years, would I be eligible for the loan?
    Only tuition. Has to be 5 for maintenance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

You will not be eligible based on the standard residency criteria.

Will you choose to work whilst you study or are you related to anyone from the EU who will be working in the UK whilst you study?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian SFE)
    Hi there.

You will not be eligible based on the standard residency criteria.

Will you choose to work whilst you study or are you related to anyone from the EU who will be working in the UK whilst you study?

Thanks
    Hello! Sorry for only replying now (I was not notified that I had a reply) and thank you for your help.
    I am related to a EU person who is working and will continue to work in the UK whilst I study. My mom who`s been here for 5/6 years...

ReputationRep:
    Hi

If wishing to apply based on being a family member of an EU national you would need to provide one of the following to prove that you are:
    • Original EU/EEA Passport
    • Original National Identity Card
    • Family members* original Passport and Students original Birth or Marriage certificate to identify the link between them
      or
    • Certified copy of one of the above
    A certified copy is a clear photocopy of the original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as:
    • Minister of Religion
    • Doctor
    • Lawyer
    • Civil Servant
    • Teacher/Lecturer
    • Police Officer
    The person signing this must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and a contact telephone number by completing the EU Certifier Checklist. Hope this helps. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh SFE)
    Hi

If wishing to apply based on being a family member of an EU national you would need to provide one of the following to prove that you are:
    • Original EU/EEA Passport
    • Original National Identity Card
    • Family members* original Passport and Students original Birth or Marriage certificate to identify the link between them
      or
    • Certified copy of one of the above

A certified copy is a clear photocopy of the original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as:
    • Minister of Religion
    • Doctor
    • Lawyer
    • Civil Servant
    • Teacher/Lecturer
    • Police Officer

The person signing this must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and a contact telephone number by completing the EU Certifier Checklist. Hope this helps. Thanks
    so would I have to send this alongside the paper forms (PN1) by post? Or could I apply as an English student through the online application and send the evidence?

Thank you for your help! And I apologise for the inconvenience.
    Have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

You would need to apply on the paper PN1 form: http://bit.ly/2mrTfas
    and send it to our migrant worker team with evidence:
    SFE
    EEA Migrant Worker Team
    Student Finance England
    PO Box 89
    Darlington
    DL1 9AZ

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.