Beginner... Short course? Watch

ab452
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi all, sorry if this has been repeated....

What are the driving schools at BSM and AA and others like? Who are the best?

Also is there such a thing as a driving short course?

Many thanks in advance...
NickNack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i did mine with the AA, more expensive than most but my instructor was brilliant. Some places do intensive courses (shortest ive seen is a week), but i really wouldn't recommend them. Sure u might learn everything more quickly, but i dont reckon you'll become as confident by the end of it as you would by taking ur time
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Firstly, BSM and AA aren't the best companies around, just the most advertised.

Secondly, if you're thinking of learning to drive, then I strongly recommend asking around and getting recommendations off people you know of schools and companies they've had success with.
Independant schools are often cheaper than the national companies and generally, have better ADI's.

I personally wouldn't recommend 'short courses' or 'intensive courses' as they're best known - you don't get the necessary experience out on the road in one week, as you would after 40 hours of tuition and private practise.
The pass rates for the intensive courses are much lower on average, compared to the pass rates of people who learn non-intensively.
recneps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From other reports of BSM and AA ADIs on here, i'd suggest steering clear of them. What part of the country are you wanting to learn in (tjhere may be someone who can recommend an ADI). Ask friends who they learnt with.

Short courses are expensive and have low pass rates. Unless you really need to pass urgently you would be better learning over a longer period of time (if you want to speed it up perhaps ask for 2 lessons a week rather than 1)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (114)
72.61%
No (43)
27.39%

Watched Threads