Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive sat my UKCAT today, with an average of 840 I'm pretty happy but somehow I've managed to get only band 3 on SJ. I was wondering what this means in terms of applications and whether this will (basically) rule me out of applying for some UNIs? Just for reference I'm predicted A*A*A and have about 2 weeks of clinical experience.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, congrats on the fantastic score! Don't worry about the situational judgment. Generally, you're fine unless you get a band 4. I'd maybe avoid Edinburgh as they score SJ and you need a really really good overall score to get an offer, but other than that, that should be ok. I linked below a pdf explaining how unis use the UKCAT this year - you might want to double-check any unis you're considering, just in case. Good luck!

https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j...31783435,d.bGs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Wow, congrats on the fantastic score! Don't worry about the situational judgment. Generally, you're fine unless you get a band 4. I'd maybe avoid Edinburgh as they score SJ and you need a really really good overall score to get an offer, but other than that, that should be ok. I linked below a pdf explaining how unis use the UKCAT this year - you might want to double-check any unis you're considering, just in case. Good luck!

https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j...31783435,d.bGs
    Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHoldroyd)
    Ive sat my UKCAT today, with an average of 840 I'm pretty happy but somehow I've managed to get only band 3 on SJ. I was wondering what this means in terms of applications and whether this will (basically) rule me out of applying for some UNIs? Just for reference I'm predicted A*A*A and have about 2 weeks of clinical experience.
    Different Unis use the SJT in different ways. Some ignore it altogether, some use it quite heavily, some has it as a virtual interview station.
    Off the top of my head, Edinburgh use it as 15% pre interview selection, Kings are pretty anti anyone with band 3 or below. Leicester and HYMS use it as a virtual interview station, Newcastle completely ignore it and cannot really remember the rest, so it is important to research carefully and if necessary, email admissions to clarify a Med School's policy as you do not want to end up on the reject pile because you have missed a tiny clause somewhere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.