Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been having heart palpitations for a few weeks now. Is there anything I can do to stop it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been having heart palpitations for a few weeks now. Is there anything I can do to stop it?
    Not really, go to your GP.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing you can do. Are you stressed? Did anything happen or change around the time you started getting the e.g drinking more caffine?*

You really need to see your gp asap? It could be something or nothing. Least you will know what is the reason is. Let us know what the gp said. Good luck. *
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A lot of things can cause palpitations, but rest assured it's rarely ever anything serious that causes them. More often they are nothing more than a nuisance.

Stress, dehydration, exhaustion/tiredness, alcohol or caffeine consumption and hot temperatures are quite common causes and to avoid some of those causes would probably help you lessen your number of palpitations.

If they continue though, it's always best to get checked over by your doctor for peace of mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you everyone I will go visit my doctor tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. My brother has had heart palpitations for a while now, and we think it's due to anxiety; certainly nothing too serious. But by all means, definitely go to the doctor, to make sure!

(Original post by Treblebee)
    I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. My brother has had heart palpitations for a while now, and we think it's due to anxiety; certainly nothing too serious. But by all means, definitely go to the doctor, to make sure!
    I have been under a lot of stress lately.

ReputationRep:
    That might be it, then In which case, just chill it and relax the strain a bit. I can't give better advice than that, not knowing the situation etc., but that tends to work

But, like I say, go to the doctor just in case

ReputationRep:
    What is causing your stress?

(Original post by Kutie Karen)
    What is causing your stress?
    College work, family loss and bad relationship.

ReputationRep:
    College work, family loss and bad relationship.

So any of these things now sorted? Is there any possible solutions to these things? Only till you deal with this stress will you feel well in yourself

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.