The Student Room Group

Do student finance make mistakes with Maintainence loans amount?

Hello, im in a bit of a pickle can you help me out? :smile:
Do mistakes ever get made in student finance amounts? And secondly can they change the amount or do you have to restart the whole application again?

I'm going to be a first year Full time undegraduate living away from home at Uni accomodation. Just a couple hours ago I learnt my maintainence is going to be: £3,800 for the year.

Our household income is less than £20,000. When using calculator it's says I should get over £8,000. I'm going to ring them first thing tomorow but I'm panicking a little because I can't afford to go otherwise.
Accomodation is £4,850, I'm yet to get any books, new laptop etc and I can't afford to pay for it without the full amount.

Thanks for any info regarding this.
They can change the amount without you doing a new application. Did you send in your parents income details?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
They can change the amount without you doing a new application. Did you send in your parents income details?

Yes they have all info. We are working/lower class and not sure why they've given such a low amount.
Hi there.

This sounds like a non-income based maintenance loan.

If your parent's have submitted their information late your application may be awaiting a reassessment.

If they've submitted this some time ago I'd recommend calling us on 0300 100 0607 to check if there's any issues with the information.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending