Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Star Trek Thread [Happy 50th!]

ReputationRep:
    50th anniversary of the Star Trek franchise at the time of posting, so, might as well talk about it, eh?

What is your favorite Star Trek show and favorite captain?

I love DS9 and TOS, and I plan on rewatching TNG since I watched it a long time ago.

Might have to say Captain Kirk because he is just so dumb sometimes, like his fighting style. He was also the first, and was charismatic in a way I feel others weren't.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite Star Trek series was The Next Generation but my favourite captain is Captain Archer I love Picard but Archer is more relatable and I love the change he went through in season 3 and became a bit more dark and mysterious. Plus, he reminds me of Jack O'Neill from Stargate SG1 which is a bonus

I am currently rewatching every Star Trek ep and its taken me about a year to go through everything again and I'm currently on the last season of Enterprise and then I'll probably rewatch Stargate again. I feel like Enterprise gets a bad rep. I wouldn't say overall its as good as TNG or TOS but its not as bad as others make it out to be imo. I prefer it to DS9 and Voyager, I couldn't really get into those shows much. I didn't like the whole 'prophecy' theme to DS9. Quark made it worth watching though :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    My favourite Star Trek series was The Next Generation but my favourite captain is Captain Archer I love Picard but Archer is more relatable and I love the change he went through in season 3 and became a bit more dark and mysterious. Plus, he reminds me of Jack O'Neill from Stargate SG1 which is a bonus

I am currently rewatching every Star Trek ep and its taken me about a year to go through everything again and I'm currently on the last season of Enterprise and then I'll probably rewatch Stargate again. I feel like Enterprise gets a bad rep. I wouldn't say overall its as good as TNG or TOS but its not as bad as others make it out to be imo. I prefer it to DS9 and Voyager, I couldn't really get into those shows much. I didn't like the whole 'prophecy' theme to DS9. Quark made it worth watching though :laugh:
    He does have a nice face....

Favourite captain is Picard. I remember catching parts of TNG when I was growing up and being curious about the bald man, the guy with the beard and asking my Dad why "that one has a funny forehead".
    I can't choose between TOS and TNG for best series, I love both of them so much. TOS has my favourite character (Bones...as if you couldn't tell) and the triumvirate whereas TNG has Picard with his Shakespearean speeches, Data being adorable and Worf literally kicking ass. Oh, and Q. I can't believe I ever used to hate Q...

I can't wait to watch Voyager for a female captain, DS9 for Bashir :love: and Enterprise for Porthos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    50th anniversary of the Star Trek franchise at the time of posting, so, might as well talk about it, eh?

I love DS9 and TOS, and I plan on rewatching TNG since I watched it a long time ago.

Might have to say Captain Kirk because he is just so dumb sometimes, like his fighting style. He was also the first, and was charismatic in a way I feel others weren't.
    I adore Jim. How he can't fight his way out of a paper bag (but boy, does he try), his bravado, his tummy chub, how he manages to wind up both Bones and Spock in the same sentence, his dedication and love and protection of his crew, how he wears his heart on his sleeve. Both him and Picard are incredible captains but in completely different ways.

ReputationRep:
    TNG is overall the best series but I loved the Storyline and structure of TNG.

But Picard is the best but he did make the biggest mistake ever in Star Trek, Not destroying the borg when he had the chance.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)

Nah. Captain Archer is a better captain.
    But the episode 'Miri' with Captain Kirk is really good.
    I have a hard time deciding between my favourite Star Trek episode.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.