Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I applied for Student Finance only last week, and my parents completed their part this morning! I know it was late, but as a family we were extremely busy for a month over the summer and it just slipped my mind. I know Oxford have means tested bursary and also a reduction in the tuition fees for students under a certain income which they determine in September. Student Finance said my application could take up to 6 weeks to process. I'm just worried that Oxford won't receive my details in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustHoping)
    Hi!
    I applied for Student Finance only last week, and my parents completed their part this morning! I know it was late, but as a family we were extremely busy for a month over the summer and it just slipped my mind. I know Oxford have means tested bursary and also a reduction in the tuition fees for students under a certain income which they determine in September. Student Finance said my application could take up to 6 weeks to process. I'm just worried that Oxford won't receive my details in time.
    I believe that as long as they receive the relevant data before May, you remain eligible for support. The bursaries are awarded on a rolling basis throughout the year, and as long as it's in before the deadline you should be paid the full amount. You could contact the finance support team if you are worried. However, all the info should be here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fu...d-support/faqs
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by brendan.)
    I believe that as long as they receive the relevant data before May, you remain eligible for support. The bursaries are awarded on a rolling basis throughout the year, and as long as it's in before the deadline you should be paid the full amount. You could contact the finance support team if you are worried. However, all the info should be here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-fu...d-support/faqs

We endorse the advice to contact fees and funding for reassurance but agree you should receive an Oxford Bursary.

You will also be considered for a Moritz Heyman Bursary as some of the funds is held back to anticipate late applications.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.