Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the chances my premium will increase? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I passed last year and in October will have 1 years NCB but I had black box.

For some reason my black box wouldn't work until a month ago, so I've only been using it since then. My score atm is 69, which is below the bronze level by 4%.

I'm worried that my premium might go up as a result.

Do you think if I shop around, I should still at least be around what I paid when I'd only just passed?

Thanks for any opinions.

ReputationRep:
    1) not sure which insurer you use but I would be more worried about your current insurance being cancelled...
    2) no it won't go up if you stick with your current policy
    3) black box information is not shared so yes shop around and your premium will go down a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    1) not sure which insurer you use but I would be more worried about your current insurance being cancelled...
    2) no it won't go up if you stick with your current policy
    3) black box information is not shared so yes shop around and your premium will go down a lot.
    They sent me a warning letter to install it or pay additional £60, so I quickly got it sorted.

It won't get cancelled now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.