Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    TBH, in the higher revs I'm sure mine is more responsive. Seems to pull harder above 4k. But you have to rev it more off the mark at the lights etc.

ReputationRep:
    how much did u pay for yours? do you want everyone in the street to be staring at you?

ReputationRep:
    My filters were free... They started life as pond pump sponges!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    can you get a remap for 130 quid?
    uh huh. if i want to DIY it i can get if FOC, but i can get a professional remap for that sort of money yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well its not completely free is it... you still need to buy a USB cable and the correct pin for t'other end to plug into your ECU.
    The first problem is installation of the software as so few laptops now have an RS233 port so you need a USB adaptor, and there are two types, the later type 2 works fine, but it needs drivers installing.

Heres what my home brew ECU looked like... http://www.kewengineering.co.uk/upgrades4mgs/edis1.htm

ReputationRep:
    kudos on the homemade ECU JC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    how much did u pay for yours? do you want everyone in the street to be staring at you?
    No, I generally don't race in 30 zones. And £30 from someone down Hams Hall

ReputationRep:
    You paid £!50 for an open cone?

THey saw you coming!

I got (Basically) the same open cone for free, off a mate who bought it for £20.

On a diesel it sounded very deep and meaty, but there was constant induction drone, as there's no throttle butterfly.

ReputationRep:
    **** the bed

ReputationRep:
    he did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    **** the bed
    I made about 200 quid flogging those to neds. Bought half a douzen at a car show and went down to the local tescos where the local chavs meet up in their shopping trolleys

ReputationRep:
    Got it on a few days ago, was money well spent!

ReputationRep:
    Money well spent?

Wanna buy some alloys for your Corsa for £1000?

ReputationRep:

Or an electric supercharger kit, only £200!

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget stickerzzz they add 5hp each!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    Money well spent?
    Yes it was, thats why I said it.

(Original post by mono-brow-oilburnerkid)
    Wanna buy some alloys for your Corsa for £1000?
    No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a fat bore exhaust for my Fiesta and took the air filter out init, the car is now 43bhp instead of 49bhp but it sounds wicked man.

All the neighbours think I is the man init coz have loudest car on street yo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Dont forget stickerzzz they add 5hp each!
    mate you got ripped off, my stickers add 15 each!! i have them stuck all over my engine, that way the power goes directly into the blood stream rather than having to find its way through the bodywork.

edit: saying that, this guys stickers add 100 bhp each...http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lJsjJVPeEOo

ReputationRep:
    i got some resistors off ebay man, only like £50 each and dey iz well gd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    All the neighbours think I is the man init coz have loudest car on street yo.
    Mate, they probably think you are a loser cos you are in your mid twenties, still live at home and have a **** car.

yo.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.