Turn on thread page Beta

k + n filter watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Of course, they sound brilliant but to get the performance aspect you have to also tune the ECU and the engine itself. It is a good starting point to tune an engine, however it is not a plug and play solution if you want to get the most from it.

Next step would be a full sports SS steel exhaust...help the engine breath.

You can always locate the cone near the wheel well and get a bit of tubing, direct cold air on the filter...
    Yeah, I know it aint plug in and power. K+N supplied a tube for the cold air feed, that seems to be working well.

Car came with stainless steel exhaust backbox anyway, so I might just keep the backbox and uprate the rest of the system if I am going to keep this car.

Thanks anyway dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    Apparently "d" can now be used to denote the newest (ugliest ) model of corsa.

Although personally I wouldn't go around saying I had a corsa d, as d is usually used to mean a NA diesel engine. Bleuch.
    Yeah, precisely, thats what it used to mean. Not now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    FYI my oil burner is mint.
    Im sure there is a thread on here where you said you stoved the back end in?

New tailgate time =/= mint?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soilman)
    Yeah, precisely, thats what it used to mean. Not now.
    definition of used: employed in accomplishing something.

If you read the context of the sentence, it wasn't in the past tense

And, to me, d after a model name is still usually denoting it is a diesel.

ReputationRep:
    well it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Im sure there is a thread on here where you said you stoved the back end in?

New tailgate time =/= mint?

£60 later.......

It is!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, actually.

rofl

p.s Nice one avoiding my question.

You asked "worse than what?"

If I saw the question, my answer is:

owning a Corsa.

Why you laugh at my diesel?

It's the torque of the town, ya know!

ReputationRep:
    because its guff.

ReputationRep:
    because its guff.
    Did you even get that joke? :rolleyes:

Simple insults don't help anyone - And owning a brand new Corsa doesn't make you in the best position to judge

ReputationRep:
    Did you even get that joke? :rolleyes:

Simple insults don't help anyone - And owning a brand new Corsa doesn't make you in the best position to judge
    whats wrong with owning a brand new corsa? they are nice cars (if you can afford them) the sxi is particularly nice, although the ride is a little harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with a brand new corsa. Except the depreciation (even if you can afford it I don't see the point)

But then there is nothing wrong with the car friggerpants owns too I presume (Don't actually know what it is?).

Different people like different cars, calling a car guff doesn't help anyone

ReputationRep:
    Friggerpant's own's a tractor powered beast.

Which, ironically, handed a Corsa 1.8's ass to the driver when at the POD.

Ha!

ReputationRep:
    im not a fan of diesels in any way but i do like the 200/25/zr range. however id never buy a zr as its just a 25 with bits of plastic tat which boosts the price too high.

also unless i was stupidly loaded would never buy a brand new car, as said the depreciation is just silly. but i do like the new designs that are coming out, especially peugeot and vauxhall.

ReputationRep:
    Dac, the ZR is a nice car to drive, totally different with the suspension setup than the R25. Much harder ride, no bodyroll etc.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Ryan.
    The ZR and 25 are fundamentally different cars. Rover put a lot of cash into the development of the ZR. They unfortunately were a bit strapped for cash when it came to the body restyle, which, is a shame. Thats not to say its an ugly car, it just leads people to wrongly believe that a ZR is a 25 in drag. Pity.

*edit* i keep seeing a LOT of yellow ZR's around SC. I feel like i'm being stalked by Ryan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Agree with Ryan.
    The ZR and 25 are fundamentally different cars. Rover put a lot of cash into the development of the ZR. They unfortunately were a bit strapped for cash when it came to the body restyle, which, is a shame. Thats not to say its an ugly car, it just leads people to wrongly believe that a ZR is a 25 in drag. Pity.

*edit* i keep seeing a LOT of yellow ZR's around SC. I feel like i'm being stalked by Ryan.
    to my knowledge the only difference between the ZR and 25 mechanically was the suspension, brakes, wheels and backbox. and the only differnces from the 200 and 25/ZR are the slam panel, a few extra sensors and the body shell is a tiny bit stiffer.

what else was different in the ZR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dac_10)
    suspension geometry. Poly bushed front arms, ride height, shock rates, 10mm lower than the 25/200 tat. There are a few more. in essence they're all just rover 200's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagowly)
    suspension geometry. Poly bushed front arms, ride height, shock rates, 10mm lower than the 25/200 tat. There are a few more. in essence they're all just rover 200's.
    basically just the suspension then. there is more difference in the 200s to 25/zr's than the 25's to zr's which is basically just a very few performance mods which youd find any boy racer doing. as i said i am very sure they are fundementally the same car, but the 200's have more fundemental differences, the slam panel and body stiffness being the major ones.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with a brand new corsa. Except the depreciation (even if you can afford it I don't see the point)

But then there is nothing wrong with the car friggerpants owns too I presume (Don't actually know what it is?).

Different people like different cars, calling a car guff doesn't help anyone
    what if it wasn't my intention to help anyone?

the ride is harsh, yes. but that suits me fine. perhaps it wouldnt suit a few older people, but then again, they dont need to buy the sxi version.

laters - im off to murrayfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dac_10)

A lot of it depends on the age being compared, for example they did do a limited run 25 GTi with a 1.8 VVC engine, but after the 9-12 months of production it was cancelled in 2000 and the VVC engine option was only available in the ZR. In any case, the ZR was the only R3 platform to receive the '160' engine.

In short, the ZR goes faster*, corners better, accelerates harder, provides better driver feedback and looks better

*top specs compared

ZR differences to the 25 :

* Quick rack steering (complete with bigger turning circle)
    * Close ratio gearbox
    * Stiffer chassis
    * Stronger rear suspension beam
    * Lower, stiffer suspension
    * Removed sound proofing
    * Wider bore sports exhaust

There are variations on spec dependant on age... assuming a decent spec '52' registration

Externally :

* Unique front bumper, one peice, integral colour coded grille and front lip spoiler.
    * Unique rear bumper, integral rear diffuser
    * Single peice hoppe spoiler with 'fin'
    * Side skirts
    * 17" wheels
    * Tinted headlamps (vs the brighter silver ones on 25s up until cost cutting fitten them to 25s as well!)
    * Rear light clusters had clear/white indicators vs the tinted Rover 25 ones
    * All trim colour coded and de-chromed
    * Bumper / Exhaust heatshield

Internally :

* MG branded leather steering wheel (optional colour coding)
    * Leather sports gearknob
    * high bolstered sports seats in either 1/2 psudo leather 'Matrix' chequered or 1/2 leather 'Monaco' design with colour coded inserts
    * No wood trim! (replaced with silver 'technical finish'
    * White MG branded sports dials

The 25 had options for different colour interiors, not just the dark grey, but black, light grey and biscuit! This included the dash, door cards and carpets, the MG had a single dark grey colour scheme.

Now, some of these are options, although not available on the 25 and someone will find some discrepencies in my rush typing, but this should eb enough to keep you going!

As for the 200/ZR differences, well, thats an even longer list 1/3 of the 200 and 25 are different, so the ZR goes further still!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.