How accessible is Heriot-Watt?

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can any current HW students tell me how easy to reach the university is from the rest of Edinburgh?

It seems like it's some distance out of town on the other side of a bypass and i'm wondering if it's easy to reach for students who don't live on-campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untrue)
    Can any current HW students tell me how easy to reach the university is from the rest of Edinburgh?

It seems like it's some distance out of town on the other side of a bypass and i'm wondering if it's easy to reach for students who don't live on-campus.
    Hi there,

I'm not a student but I do work at Heriot-Watt. Most of our students stay on the west side of the city. A bus from Haymarket will take you about 30 minutes depending on what time of day you are travelling. If you are staying at the east side of the city you will have to fight your way through the city centre traffic (not impossible but does add a bit of time on to your commute).

There is a bus on campus every 5 minutes during peak times so if you miss one you are not waiting too long on the next one.

Hope this helps,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what happens on open days?

It seems like the best way to get there is a bus from Haymarket, but obviously on an open day everybody will be doing that so I wonder if all the buses will end up being full...

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what happens on open days?

It seems like the best way to get there is a bus from Haymarket, but obviously on an open day everybody will be doing that so I wonder if all the buses will end up being full...
    Best way is to get on a bus however I would be surprised if they are all full. As I said there is one every 5 minutes so you will be fine

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. I am booked to go to the October 29th open day.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. I am booked to go to the October 29th open day.
    Oh that's the Saturday one so there wont be many current students on the bus. You will be totally fine

See you on the 29th!
    Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heriot-Watt University)
    Oh that's the Saturday one so there wont be many current students on the bus. You will be totally fine

See you on the 29th!
    Cheers,
    Keir
    Hey can I ask how long the walk is from curriehill station to the Heriot Watt campus ? I'm gonna apply here and already know the train ride is 50 minutes from where I live. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Hey can I ask how long the walk is from curriehill station to the Heriot Watt campus ? I'm gonna apply here and already know the train ride is 50 minutes from where I live. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

It is about 20-30mins walk from Curriehill station however it is a country road so not all of it has footpaths for pedestrians.

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heriot-Watt University)
    Hi,

It is about 20-30mins walk from Curriehill station however it is a country road so not all of it has footpaths for pedestrians.

Cheers,
    Keir
    Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.