Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I interviewed with McDonald's I said i could only work term time as I go home during the holidays, they said it was ok and i started working. I booked my summer off which was a few months ( felt awful but it was how my terms work out ) they approved the time off as unpaid leave. Was supposed to start back on the 1st September but they still haven't given me any shifts and now one of the managers requested and then approved himself 2 weeks unpaid leave for me starting 12th septemeber.

What should i do? Should i hand in my notice or wait and see if they'll start giving me shifts? And if i do hand in my notice will it work for the 2 weeks of unpaid leave?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by 456charlie)
    When I interviewed with McDonald's I said i could only work term time as I go home during the holidays, they said it was ok and i started working. I booked my summer off which was a few months ( felt awful but it was how my terms work out ) they approved the time off as unpaid leave. Was supposed to start back on the 1st September but they still haven't given me any shifts and now one of the managers requested and then approved himself 2 weeks unpaid leave for me starting 12th septemeber.

What should i do? Should i hand in my notice or wait and see if they'll start giving me shifts? And if i do hand in my notice will it work for the 2 weeks of unpaid leave?
    It's not exactly clear, but I suspect the 'unpaid leave' is just a standard legal device because of the contract you have. They can't put you back 'on the books' just yet, because they haven't got the shifts for you, and you'd be accruing a leave entitlement, when you hadn't actually done the equivalent amount of work. Just contact them, tell them you are back and available, and ask when you can start back on shift again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 456charlie)

Id go in and speak to them and say you want shifts. They may not know you are back and to start giving you shifts again unless you tell them you are back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.