starsigns and compatibility Watch

ph9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by MayaIllusion)
im capricorn.. hes aquarius
as a capricorn, you're patient, ambitious, practical, reserved, careful, grudging, pessimistic and fatalistic.

as an aquarius, he's friendly, humanitarian, honest, original, perverse, intactable, intellectual and at times unemotional (i wouldn't be surprised if you told me he's a bit of a weirdo )

you both invest a lot of time into work and your interests complement each other nicely. you bring practicality, persistence, reliability and objectivity while he brings (greater) ingenuity, sensitivity and awareness of the complexities in any situation. a problem in your relationship is that it may become focused on exterior things which may make you both a little detached and aloof with one another.

he has a very independent nature and resists being dictated by authority, society or convention and has the urge to embrace the new and different. he likes to change things. you, on the other hand, like tradition and are far more cautious about going into the unknown or changing the standard 'tried and tested' way of doing things. you are philosophically liberal but emotionally cautious

he craves freedom while you're responsible, committed and dedicated; you may not fully appreciate his free spirit. you can both have difficulty letting your feelings and emotions flow. he intellectualises rather than feels and is often unaware of emotional needs. you repress emotions and are afraid of being vulnerable or dependent.

you can both be difficult to 'tame' - there is a wild side to you both (perhaps more surprisingly for you, a capricorn, but it's there!). you're apt to appreciating the quirks and unusual interests of one another which others might find a bit odd. you might not be very settled together but you won't ever be bored either

you both enjoy mystery and maintain an idealised image of the other.

sexual attraction to each other can be extremely intense at times and tend to be obsessive and difficult to control and understand. he probably feels mesmerised by you. you may both be jealous and manipulative of each other at times. your romantic love for one another is very strong and there is a sweet and tender quality to your feelings for one another.

you bring out the more refined and beautiful qualities in one another and this is partly what drew you together.

your relationship is very intellectually based, amongst other things of course. you exchange thoughts, you study together, share information, talk and banter and speak one another's curiosity and interest in the world - these are all important aspects of your bondage. really, becoming more educated is a significant reason the two of you are drawn together.

however, at times the both of you will misunderstand, distort or confuse what the other is trying to say. you have to be explicit and unambiguous with one another. you may believe you expressed yourself clearly enough only to discover that he never got the message, same goes for him.
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by mermania)
show me proof that the date I was born on actually affects my personality more than say, genetics, the way I was brought up, and my life experiences.

I'm CANCER and I can't say I'm emotional, loving, intuitive, protective, moody, overemotional, touchy or clinging. :tsr2:
i didn't say it affected your personality more, less, anything. i just said it's a foundation to who you are, and it is. every person i meet... it's the case. many times i guess people's star sign just by spending some time with them and see how they are. and i'm often right. i don't know, i'm not a psychic. go figure?

if you really and truly know yourself and you can say that you're NONE of those things, then you're probably not a cancer i forgot to add that cancers are often nostalgic and have an amazing memory. they like to think about the past a lot.

oh seem quite emotional to me to be honest, just by two posts.
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dude)
Thats quite scary as I am a Taurus and a girl I like is a Virgo and that does sound like us, in terms of our personalities (except for the food bit, I'm a really fussy eater).
herbal bug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok i'm gonna ask again
he's a pisces, i'm a gemini
Enchanté
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by herbal bug)
ok i'm gonna ask again
I think they've got a few more to do before you.:p: not sure though.
ph9
Rep:
?
gemini and aries
one of the best matches....

you both enjoy being active and are more interested in the present than the past. once something has outlived its usefulness, you're ready to part with it and go on to something new. you have a veeeery low tolerance for boredom and both share a weakness; the inability to stick with things when they become dull and problematic. neither of you wants a clingy partner and with one another you have the 'right' amount of independence that you both enjoy.

sometimes, the gemini (you? her/him?) wants to discuss an idea while aries becomes impatient with the conversation, feeling as though gemini is beating around the bush and not getting to the point of the matter. aries becomes abrupt and tactless in times like these but gemini must understand it's not personal and must not rely on aries for daily conversation.

both of you share a high degree of physical energy and vitality. you're both go-getters and quite assertive. neither of you likes to sit around and wait for life to happen, you MAKE it happen and you bring this quality out in each other too.

it's likely you'll have a serious and meaningful relationship. you focus a lot of time and attention on one another and might find yourselves excluding others in order to be together. although this makes you both feel secure, it can also get a bit too confining and limiting, which neither of you appreciates in the slightest.

although there's a lot of fascination and attraction between you, there's also a lack of stability and peace. you react to each other really impulsively and your feelings for each other tend to blow hot and cold; you go from one extreme to the other which means the relationship could easily turn into a love/hate one. to make it work, you've both got to be flexible and tolerant of shortcomings in each other. the good thing is, there's never a dull moment, woo!

the emotional bond between the two of you is complex. the sexual attraction is strong and you find each other to be very magnetic or charismatic. however, you'll also find yourselves becoming uncomfortable with some habits and attitudes of each other (again, the simultaneous attraction and repulsion of one another).

you enjoy dynamic physical activities together and you probably enjoy sports, competing against each other. you're quite dynamic together but you're also inclined to get angry with one another and get easily irritated.
Lé Nash
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyone who believes in or practices starsigns or astrology are either con artists or easily led pillocks.

As shown by the mathematical formula S/A*EL^6=P.

I hope you enjoyed todays lesson.
ph9
Rep:
?
ok i'm gonna ask again
heyyy i just did you, you said aries and gemini tell me i didn't just waste my time doing that lol
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
i didn't say it affected your personality more, less, anything. i just said it's a foundation to who you are
how is it a foundation though? you still haven't explained how exactly being born on a particular date sets this foundation.

if you really and truly know yourself and you can say that you're NONE of those things, then you're probably not a cancer i forgot to add that cancers are often nostalgic and have an amazing memory. they like to think about the past a lot.
Well, I reckon I know myself pretty well and I'm not any of those things, yet I'm definitely a cancer, so...um, yeah. I'm certainly not loving or clinging, in fact I'm one of the most (if not the most) detached person I know. practically a loner! I'm not very nostalgic at all, I think a lot more about the future than I do about the past. I do have an amazing memory though, but I know plenty of other people who do too! and they're not cancers! shocking!

oh seem quite emotional to me to be honest, just by two posts.
I don't tend to get "emotional" about online forums, I'm afraid. I'd say "irritable" is a better term. Even so, you also mentioned "overemotional" which is definitely not true.
suzie_h
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find this stuff funny so I'm a scorpio + he's a virgo
gracie88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok for a laugh i'm Taurus, he's Cancer.
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sephrenia)
Im cancer, hes Aquarius...most things say were a bad match IIRC...I dont believe it...he understands me better than I do myself..
you, cancer, are more attached to family, more nostalgic and more domestic than aquarius. he's very friendly but not as emotionally involved with family as you are. you become emotionally attached to familiar surroundings and you're inclined to live in one place for a long time, hating change. whereas he, on the other hand, is more willing to follow whatever direction that demands in his life require. he makes new friends and does not need as high a degree of intimacy as you do and so finds the transition to new surroundings a lot easier than you probably do.

you're more concerned with having financial and material security and are more likely to worry if circumstances aren't stable and secure. you need to be needed and want a level of emotional bonding and nurturing that he may be incapable of.

you both have a concern for people but while you're personal and respond mostly to family and friends, he has broader concerns and more universal sympathies; a general interest in human welfare. you may therefore feel a bit hurt and neglected by his attitude at times.

you're different in other respects too... you're sentimental and emotionally attached to the past, to familiar places and people and you like the security and comfort of the known whereas he craves new things and excitement and is rebellious or just indifferent to convention and traditions.

he, as an aquarian, probably also values personal freedom and he needs to maintain a sense of individuality, even in close relationships. you, on the other hand, are dependent on loved ones and might feel a bit anxious and insecure at his independence. he needs to be sensitive to your feelings and realise a rapid or sudden change can be a bit hard for you.

another difference: you're emotional and subjective, he's clear and objective. you can help him get in touch with deep feelings and emotional needs that he may have buried and he can help you get more clarity and perspective on your sometimes overwhelming feelings and moods.

there is a lot of unpredictability to your relationship. at best, it's exciting and unconventional and at worst you're frustrated by his unwillingness to be more committed to the relationship.

so although there may be many differences, it's not a bad match per se...
ellaaa
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
libra & cancer
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"you, cancer, are more attached to family, more nostalgic and more domestic than aquarius. he's very friendly but not as emotionally involved with family as you are. you become emotionally attached to familiar surroundings and you're inclined to live in one place for a long time, hating change. whereas he, on the other hand, is more willing to follow whatever direction that demands in his life require. he makes new friends and does not need as high a degree of intimacy as you do and so finds the transition to new surroundings a lot easier than you probably do.

you're more concerned with having financial and material security and are more likely to worry if circumstances aren't stable and secure. you need to be needed and want a level of emotional bonding and nurturing that he may be incapable of.

you both have a concern for people but while you're personal and respond mostly to family and friends, he has broader concerns and more universal sympathies; a general interest in human welfare
. you may therefore feel a bit hurt and neglected by his attitude at times.

you're different in other respects too... you're sentimental and emotionally attached to the past, to familiar places and people and you like the security and comfort of the known whereas he craves new things and excitement and is rebellious or just indifferent to convention and traditions.

he, as an aquarian, probably also values personal freedom and he needs to maintain a sense of individuality, even in close relationships. you, on the other hand, are dependent on loved ones and might feel a bit anxious and insecure at his independence. he needs to be sensitive to your feelings and realise a rapid or sudden change can be a bit hard for you.

another difference: you're emotional and subjective, he's clear and objective. you can help him get in touch with deep feelings and emotional needs that he may have buried and he can help you get more clarity and perspective on your sometimes overwhelming feelings and moods.

there is a lot of unpredictability to your relationship. at best, it's exciting and unconventional and at worst you're frustrated by his unwillingness to be more committed to the relationship.

so although there may be many differences, it's not a bad match per se..."

The bold bits are the only bits that aren't true. Its suprisingly accurate...Itallics are completely and utterly true.

Thanks, normally things like this describe me as the complete opposite of what I am, and what I need..this didnt.. =)
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maui Wowie)
Okay, how about scorpio (me) and pisces (him)? :P
you're both sensitive, feeling, compassionate people and you're able to have a depth of sharing and intimacy and you'll find with very few others.

his sympathetic, non-judgemental, understanding attitude can be a bit of a healing power to you, who's more emotional and often carries secret guilts and inner conflicts/pain.

you're more forceful than he is and will sometimes lash out with sarcasm of vindictiveness when hurt. this deeply wounds him as he's more gentle and has less protective armour. luckily he's more forgiving than you are. you are highly sexual and physical whilst he prefers more softness, subtlety and romance, anther difference. however, this doesn't mean you can't have a fulfilling union...

you're both very intuitive and you sense what's going on inside others even when they try to hide it. again, you're very sensitive but whilst you hold onto hurt feelings and might harbour unexpressed resentment, jealousies, secret fears and guilt for a LONG time, he, on the other hand, is more forgiving, tolerant and ready to make excuses for the offender.

at times, both of you can seem cool, emotionally distant and aloof but it's only a mask. inside, you may just be cautious about opening up and sharing yourselves. there is a strong fear of rejection.

you tend to be impatient and impulsive with one another and misunderstandings can suddenly turn into arguments. you can make each other nervous or uptight too. you energise one another and can accomplish a lot together.

there is an obsessive quality to the desire you feel for one another and the emotional intensity of the relationship may get a bit too much for at least one of you. you find you can share your deepest thoughts with one another which is something, especially for you, scorpio, who's usually very very secretive and does not open up easily.

bonding is insense and you may evoke feelings of jealousy and possessiveness in each other, especially you, again, scorpio, as you are very controlling and jealous in nature.
a5d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im a sagittarius and all the girls I've been with were Leo. Freakin scary conicidence!

What can you give me on that?

Thx.
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by more adventurous)
Capricorn (me) and scorpio (him).
ah, the best match for each sign i believe

you're both very careful about revealing feelings, motives and vulnerabilities. you're unwilling to reveal your depths to others, initially. it takes time for you both to trust and become emotionally open since you have a natural suspiciousness and reserve and dislinclined to have casual relationships.

the difference is, you, capricorn, have a much greater capacity for objectivity, emotional distance and detachment than scorpio does. you can be aloof at times, especially when threatened, while he will seethe with emotion. he's instinctive and passionate and gets immersed in and attached to a lover. you may not feel as bonded and even if you do, you won't likely show the depth of your feelings, especially the way in which he desires.

this relationship is highly unlikely to be a light and fun one, it's intense intense intense.

you tend to repress your feelings, your emotional needs and the inner child who wants to play and be taken care of. practical matters, work and responsibilities are more important to you and always come over play and pleasure. you often seem impassive, unresponsive and you have a habit of taking life far too seriously, which can be your downfall. material security and success is often a substitute for emotional well being and happiness in a capricorn.

he, scorpio, on the other hand, is intensely emotional, though very private and emotional about feelings. he's deep, complex, tends to brood silently and harbours unspoken feelings for a long time. resentment, guilt and secret fears can build up to massive proportions if he doesn't share and release them.

you're both afraid of not being in control and being vulnerable which is why you don't trust others very readily and are afraid of expressing emotion. however, because neither of you are supercial emotionally and are capable of great depth and fidelity, you can have a very harmonious relationship.

when the two of you are together, it's hard for you to concentrate on the mundane as you enjoy sharing imaginitive and unusual interests and your conversations often turn to artistic and/or philosophical topics. you're more willing to be childish and silly with one another than you are with anyone else, especially you capricorn.

you're fascinated with one another and you have dreamy sexual and romantic interest in one another. your erotic imagination is powerfully stimulated by one another and you find each other mysteriously desirable and seductive.

the energy between you are so intense and may compel you to do things you wouldn't normally approve of or even think yourselves capable of.
MediterraneanX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm scorpio and he's taurus
ph9
Rep:
?
(Original post by blackfish)
ok, im an Aries, whats my personality like?
you're probably very energetic, impulsive, adventurous, enthusiastic, confident, courageous, selfish, impatient, quick tempered and fool hardy.

you are a pioneer in both thought and action and you're open to new ideas. you welcome challenges and will get impatient if you don't get quick results. you make a courageous leader and have a genuine concern for your 'followers' (lol can't think of another way to put it). you do not make a good follower because you like to take charge (hence you are a ram, not a lamb) (i didn't mean for that to rhyme). you may be unwilling to obey or submit to directions, especially those in which you disagree with.

you're concerned with yourself both positively and negatively. you are self reliant, but also self centred at times, though you may not realise it at the time or even in hindsight. your immense energy makes you aggresive and restless, argumentative at times and you are easily offended.

in personal relationships, you're direct and make a generous and enthusiastic friend. you probably have a high sex drive and make a passionate but fastidious lover. however, on the dark side, you can be irritated by slowness or moderation in your friends and although you're sensitive yourself, you may ride over the sensitivities of others, though you may not realise. arians are highly devoted to their children (this probably doesn't apply to you right now lol but i'm mentioning it anyway) and a more defensive parent could probably not be found in the whole zodiac.

by acknowledging your pioneering spirit, you will enjoy life more and avoid being pushed around by others. you must have a freedom to act rather than just think about it, it's in your nature. you need to avoid resentment and self pity because this could be your downfall.

you like a challenge that will stir you to action but you must have direction because an arian without direction or without a cause is against your nature (again, would make you more of a lamb)

however, as much the ram you are, there is a big massive warm heart in there.
pink_natsy_2005 #1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm a gemini and he's a virgo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads