Turn on thread page Beta

starsigns and compatibility watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    the difference is, you, capricorn, have a much greater capacity for objectivity, emotional distance and detachment than scorpio does. you can be aloof at times, especially when threatened, while he will seethe with emotion. he's instinctive and passionate and gets immersed in and attached to a lover. you may not feel as bonded and even if you do, you won't likely show the depth of your feelings, especially the way in which he desires
    :rofl: It's the exact opposite, sorry. :p:

your erotic imagination is powerfully stimulated by one another and you find each other mysteriously desirable and seductive.

the energy between you are so intense and may compel you to do things you wouldn't normally approve of or even think yourselves capable of.
    Can't deny that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    I'm a capricorn, he's a gemini....
    the both of you are very different; you approach life in a more methodical, planned and patient manner. you use a clear strategy and you're willing to work as hard and long as it takes to get what you want. he, however, succeeds through curiosity, adaptability and communication skills. he's not inclined to persevere, like you are.

you are probably the adult in the relationship and may feel a little too conservative or serious to him, the gemini. he's more like the child, being more flex and playful.

you can both complement one another, however. you're serious, you're disciplined, practical and dutiful. you have a strong need to achieve and you can become depressed if not accomplishing enough. on the other hand, he has a mischievous sense of humour and can lighten your mood quite considerably.

in contrast to you, he will also probably be irresponsible and careless, this can annoy you. he doesn't take everything as seriously as you do.

because of your different approach to work (mentioned at the beginning), you are inclined to step on each other's toes. you might feel he's too pushy or insensitive to the issues and concerns involved in a situation.

you energise, stimulate and challenge one another but also irritate and anger each other. you spark each other's imagination, creativity and wit and feel unhibited with each other. you both enjoy exploring life and sharing new experiences.

due to gemini's tendency to be superficial, though, this doesn't go down well with capricorn. one thing which capricorn does not appreciate is superficial-ness. this could be the downfall of the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    :rofl: It's the exact opposite, sorry. :p:
    that's one of the reasons why scorpio/capricorn is sooo well matched. capricorn's usual aloofness magically often disappears when paired with scorpio. neat huh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    lol me too.

us gemini's are too advanced and fickle.

good luck to me finding a girl up to the challenge of putting up with me
    lol, fickle you geminis definitely are.

sagittarius, leo, aries and aquarius for you

ReputationRep:
    Oh go on then. Scorpio and Libra!

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know her sign/birthday as it's just a 'crush' atm. But I'm an Aquarius so which signs am I supposedly suited to, and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph9)
    as a scorpio, you're likely going to take the 'guilty until proven innocent' stance as opposed to the other one

you're naturally suspicious and probably find yourself always thinking you're being lied to. you're always trying to find hidden motives, and enjoy it.

you are very secretive and this is because of your inability (well, not inability... just... EXTREME difficulty) to trust people.

you are determined and forceful and are very emotional, though you do not always show it on the outside. very intuitive, your gut feeling is almost ALWAYS right.

on your dark side, you tend to be very jealous and possessive and get a bit control freakish on people, tone it down a little eh.

you're very gifted and highly intelligent and probably really really good at maths or language.

you go best with capricorn. others are virgo, taurus and cancer
    The bloke is libra so doomed to failure eh? We're both hugely laid back and it works... so thats all i need to know really lol!!

I've had 2 really good capricorn mates whose friendship has turned sour... one we actually came to physically fight about. I've had one capricorn bf and he bored me. too lovey dovey, too caring, too ott. no thank you.

I have a Taurus ex too... i'll agree on that. house on fire.

ReputationRep:
    As if the time of year in which you're born, is going to have any influence over anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enchanté)
    Oo
    I'm a Aries he's a sagittarius
    gooood match

enthusiasm and a sense of adventure infuse your relationship. you both feel as though you can be yourselves fully with one another and you don't have to tone down any of your exuberance and energy the way you may do so with other people. on the contrary, you inspire each other's strength.

you, aries, sometimes clash or compete with other strong individuals but your sagittarius is tolerant and not threatened. you both need personal freedom and space and even if you spend a lot lot lot of time together, you're unlikely to feel smothered in the relationship.

you're both somewhat uncomfortable with emotional neediness and dependency. he, sagittarius, often intellectualises his feelings rather than fully experiencing them. he may filter personal experiences into positive and acceptable and negative, unacceptable and to avoid. you may get annoyed with being told how you should feel in any given circumstance... for example, he may try to humour or talk you out of your anger.

both highly energetic, you can help him learn to direct his competitive drives and personal power into positive channels as this is something you've probably mastered since you're so optimistic. he tends to go overboard at times and become aggressive and angry whilst you're smoother and less likely to aggravate when being assertive and forceful (which you do a lot )

when you confide in one another, you feel as though you're being heard and understood. you are great friends as well as lovers. you discover things about yourself when discussing it and your feelings with another which is a reason why this relationship can be very rewarding to you both

the romance and sexual attraction for each other is very deep. you have a charismatic and powerful influence on each other.

ReputationRep:
    I'm aquarius , shes a leo, go on then, tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eskamo)
    I'm capricorn, she's scorpio.

I don't see much substance to these, there are some nice results, but I feel that sometimes we take what we want from them. I'll give you rep if you get my subjects (AS/2) or my degree/career desire

Good luck
    done that one, see my reply to more adventurous

ReputationRep:
    I'm Capricorn.. he's 20th Sept.. so Virgo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanity Panda)
    I'm all for a little bit of fun on the forums
    Scorpio here, Pieces the other person.
    you're both sensitive, feeling, compassionate people and you're able to have a depth of sharing and intimacy and you'll find with very few others.

his sympathetic, non-judgemental, understanding attitude can be a bit of a healing power to you, who's more emotional and often carries secret guilts and inner conflicts/pain.

you're more forceful than he is and will sometimes lash out with sarcasm of vindictiveness when hurt. this deeply wounds him as he's more gentle and has less protective armour. luckily he's more forgiving than you are. you are highly sexual and physical whilst he prefers more softness, subtlety and romance, anther difference. however, this doesn't mean you can't have a fulfilling union...

you're both very intuitive and you sense what's going on inside others even when they try to hide it. again, you're very sensitive but whilst you hold onto hurt feelings and might harbour unexpressed resentment, jealousies, secret fears and guilt for a LONG time, he, on the other hand, is more forgiving, tolerant and ready to make excuses for the offender.

at times, both of you can seem cool, emotionally distant and aloof but it's only a mask. inside, you may just be cautious about opening up and sharing yourselves. there is a strong fear of rejection.

you tend to be impatient and impulsive with one another and misunderstandings can suddenly turn into arguments. you can make each other nervous or uptight too. you energise one another and can accomplish a lot together.

there is an obsessive quality to the desire you feel for one another and the emotional intensity of the relationship may get a bit too much for at least one of you. you find you can share your deepest thoughts with one another which is something, especially for you, scorpio, who's usually very very secretive and does not open up easily.

bonding is insense and you may evoke feelings of jealousy and possessiveness in each other, especially you, again, scorpio, as you are very controlling and jealous in nature.

that note, you honestly believe in astrology?
    i definitely do believe that people match the characteristics of their star signs. as for the compatibility thing, not entirely a believer, but for individuals, yes definitely.

hmm maybe i should post links to each star sign's characteristics in the original post and people can read them if they want

ReputationRep:
    If the OP is serious - this thread is full of bull ****. Can't believe this has got to 5 pages, just by someone sprouting illogical, unproven noncsense.

If the OP is joking, then I've got to hand it to him/her for going through all this effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    I'm Aquarius, my partner's Capricorn. And I'm actually really interested to know the principles behind it...not being sarky, just cannot see it working at all.
    i'll give you what i gave mayaillusion, i'll just change the star signs around for you

as a capricorn, he's patient, ambitious, practical, reserved, careful, grudging, pessimistic and fatalistic.

as an aquarius, you're friendly, humanitarian, honest, original, perverse, intactable, intellectual and at times unemotional (i wouldn't be surprised if you told me he's a bit of a weirdo )

you both invest a lot of time into work and your interests complement each other nicely. he brings practicality, persistence, reliability and objectivity while you bring (greater) ingenuity, sensitivity and awareness of the complexities in any situation. a problem in your relationship is that it may become focused on exterior things which may make you both a little detached and aloof with one another.

you have a very independent nature and resists being dictated by authority, society or convention and has the urge to embrace the new and different. you like to change things. he, on the other hand, like tradition and are far more cautious about going into the unknown or changing the standard 'tried and tested' way of doing things. he is philosophically liberal but emotionally cautious

you crave freedom while he's responsible, committed and dedicated; he may not fully appreciate your free spirit. you can both have difficulty letting your feelings and emotions flow. you intellectualise rather than feel and are often unaware of emotional needs. he represses emotions and is afraid of being vulnerable or dependent.

you can both be difficult to 'tame' - there is a wild side to you both (perhaps more surprisingly for him, a capricorn, but it's there!). you're apt to appreciating the quirks and unusual interests of one another which others might find a bit odd. you might not be very settled together but you won't ever be bored either

you both enjoy mystery and maintain an idealised image of the other.

sexual attraction to each other can be extremely intense at times and tend to be obsessive and difficult to control and understand. he probably feels mesmerised by you. you may both be jealous and manipulative of each other at times. your romantic love for one another is very strong and there is a sweet and tender quality to your feelings for one another.

you bring out the more refined and beautiful qualities in one another and this is partly what drew you together.

your relationship is very intellectually based, amongst other things of course. you exchange thoughts, you study together, share information, talk and banter and speak one another's curiosity and interest in the world - these are all important aspects of your bondage. really, becoming more educated is a significant reason the two of you are drawn together.

however, at times the both of you will misunderstand, distort or confuse what the other is trying to say. you have to be explicit and unambiguous with one another. you may believe you expressed yourself clearly enough only to discover that he never got the message, same goes for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Adarshster)
    If the OP is serious - this thread is full of bull ****. Can't believe this has got to 5 pages, just by someone sprouting illogical, unproven noncsense.

If the OP is joking, then I've got to hand it to him/her for going through all this effort.
    the op is not joking, what's your star sign please, thank you

ReputationRep:
    ph9 - doesn't it occur that it's far more likely that, say, the time of year when someone is born would have far more influence than a star sign? It's a poor example but, say at certain times of the year different hormones are produced in the pregnant woman's body. These affect the development of the foetus. Thus, all babies born in December get certain characteristics.

It's just a thought, but it's much more rationally likely to affect a person than stars. Stars have naff-all to do with it. What makes you think they do? (Serious question.)

ReputationRep:
    im a libra and he's a cancer - lets see what you got

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting for mine .

ReputationRep:
    me too

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.