Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

French policeman stabbed during gas canister car arrests. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37312538

A policeman has been stabbed in France during an operation to arrest three women in connection with a car found with gas canisters near Notre Dame.

One of the women was wounded when another policeman opened fire after the stabbing in Boussy-Saint-Antoine, said Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.

Mr. Cazeneuve said they appeared to have been preparing an immediate attack.

In November, 130 people died in Paris in a series of terror attacks carried out by so-called Islamic State (IS).

A state of emergency has been in place in France since then.

The Peugeot 607 was found on Wednesday on the Quai de Montebello, just metres from the cathedral, along a stretch of the Seine riverside.

The car had its hazard warning lights flashing and no number plates, police said

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    INB4 Alevelstress calls this "another anti-Muslim thread".
    Tbh, he's got a point; this is an anti-Muslim thread, as are virtually all threads related to terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    this is an anti-Muslim thread

Spoiler:
    Show
    Whaaaaaaat?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I was a tad too subtle.
    Subtle?

You just told me this is an "anti-Muslim thread", now it's not?

Tbh, he's got a point; this is an anti-Muslim thread, as are virtually all threads related to terrorism.
    So suddenly any post that involves radical Islamic terrorism is anti-Muslim. Isn't that on the verge of censorship?

ReputationRep:
    Did you leave out the Arabic writing part just to avoid the cries of Islamophobia?

ReputationRep:
    I did the unthinkable
    I suggested terrorism had a religion
    Ouch. Better report yourself then!

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    So suddenly any post that involves radical Islamic terrorism is anti-Muslim. Isn't that on the verge of censorship?
    Its only censorship if you think being anti-Islamic is bad, or that it should be censored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Did you leave out the Arabic writing part just to avoid the cries of Islamophobia?
    Guess I did, somehow.

ReputationRep:
    The persecution of Muslims continues.

ReputationRep:
    the three women arrested on Thursday - aged 39, 23 and 19 - "had been radicalised, were fanatics and were in all likelihood preparing an imminent, violent act".
    I wonder how long this will continue to be called "radical" despite occurring frequently and supported by millions of muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Very sad. I hope the police officer recovers from his injuries.

ReputationRep:
    This is a news thread, about a recently foiled terror attack and the bravery of the police involved. Nobody's burning Muslims at a stake

Thoughts with the police, and once again with Paris. Luckily they avoided another tragedy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    Thoughts with the police, and once again with Paris. Luckily they avoided another tragedy..
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  23.1 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.