Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I got ACDD at AS level for Art, Psychology, Biology and Chemistry, respectively. I really struggled during AS because I focused all of my efforts and time into chemistry and sadly it hasn't gone too well, clearly. I was wondering if there is any chance that I can still get into Liverpool university to do Architecture since it's the uni that I really want to go and I love architecture, it's my dream to become an architect. But I'm so scared that they'll reject me due to how low some of my AS grades are. However, all of my subjects are linear so the AS doesn't count; do you think I still have a chance to get in?
    Also I have already dropped chemistry and I am a lot more confident in my studies now and I hope to get A* for art, A for Psychology (I'm working my ass off for it) and a B for Biology (but I'm working my ass off in bio too trying to get an A, but I'll be so thankful for a B)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuiltyPotato)
    Hi guys, I got ACDD at AS level for Art, Psychology, Biology and Chemistry, respectively. I really struggled during AS because I focused all of my efforts and time into chemistry and sadly it hasn't gone too well, clearly. I was wondering if there is any chance that I can still get into Liverpool university to do Architecture since it's the uni that I really want to go and I love architecture, it's my dream to become an architect. But I'm so scared that they'll reject me due to how low some of my AS grades are. However, all of my subjects are linear so the AS doesn't count; do you think I still have a chance to get in through d
    Also I have already dropped chemistry and I am a lot more confident in my studies now and I hope to get A* for art, A for Psychology (I'm working my ass off for it) and a B for Biology (but I'm working my ass off in bio too trying to get an A, but I'll be so thankful for a B)
    wait you can do architecture without maths at A2???
    BRUHHHHHHHH im applying that as my fifth

also, even for medicine alot of unis won't be looking at AS level grades because it's linear this year, make sure you get good predictions and work hard for the remaining 3 subjects and you will be fine. But maybe that's cause for med you have entry tests as well idk.

Call up liverpool and ask if theres any weighting on AS grades or just predictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vybzkartel)
    wait you can do architecture without maths at A2???
    BRUHHHHHHHH im applying that as my fifth

also, even for medicine alot of unis won't be looking at AS level grades because it's linear this year, make sure you get good predictions and work hard for the remaining 3 subjects and you will be fine. But maybe that's cause for med you have entry tests as well idk.

Call up liverpool and ask if theres any weighting on AS grades or just predictions.
    Thanks so much, I'm feeling better now that I've read your comment xD!

I think that the uni really matters depending on what course you want to do, Liverpool would be perfect because after all it's such a beautiful city and it's perfect to get inspiration from when doing a course such as architecture.

HELL YA! I looked through the course and it said that you didn't need maths and the best part is that with some unis art and design was a preferred subject. I WAS SO HAPPY BC IM SO BAD AT MATHS AHAHA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.