The Student Room Group

Drama School Applications for 2017 entry.

I'll be applying to 2schools.

LAMDA - 2yr/3yr
RADA 3yr

Good luck to all hopefuls.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done for getting an agent! I'm also applying for LAMDA and Bristol Old Vic. I'm struggling with picking modern monologues, I mean, I've got a few I like but...
Reply 2
Hey!

Like yourself, I'll also be applying for the same courses at LAMDA, Bristol Old Vic and Drama Centre.

I'm also applying for Royal Welsh (MA Acting for stage, screen and radio), Central (MA contemporary acting) and I've been told to have two 'warm up' schools to audition for first, which I think will be Rose Bruford and East 15.

Riamh- I am also struggling with modern! Ah!!*
Hello!
First year auditioning!
I'll be applying to East 15, LAMDA, Central and maybe ManMet.
I'm really struggling as there are not many opportunities in my town and I cannot get any further due to having to use public transport!
has anyone got any advice to conquer this and get more experience?
Original post by curlyhairedgirl
Hello!
First year auditioning!
I'll be applying to East 15, LAMDA, Central and maybe ManMet.
I'm really struggling as there are not many opportunities in my town and I cannot get any further due to having to use public transport!
has anyone got any advice to conquer this and get more experience?

What about the other London schools?

'Cannot' get any further afield?
Original post by ageshallnot
What about the other London schools?

'Cannot' get any further afield?

hey sorry I should have made that a bit clearer!
The schools i've chosen are what I've worked out i can afford for audition fees!
I meant i cannot get much further afield to do local theatre! I have to rely on public transport in my small town and I've emailed everything that is accessible to me with no luck. So I was asking for advice on what to do when there are not many theatre opportunities around you :smile:
hey sorry I should have made that a bit clearer!
The schools i've chosen are what I've worked out i can afford for audition fees!
I meant i cannot get much further afield to do local theatre! I have to rely on public transport in my small town and I've emailed everything that is accessible to me with no luck. So I was asking for advice on what to do when there are not many theatre opportunities around you :smile:

I know there is some cost involved, but compare that to the total cost of your degree/training.

Ah, yes I did misunderstand the second part of what you said.

Have a look at https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com/
Hi!

US student here, and I'm applying to six schools for my masters in acting:

*LAMDA: Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre
*East 15: Acting (International)
*Drama Studio London: 1 Year Acting Diploma
*Royal Central: Acting - Classical
*Surrey: Acting
*Mountview: Performance - Acting

I already have my contemporary monologue, but I'm thinking of switching up my classical monologue from A Midsummer Night's Dream to The Merchant of Venice to make it more interesting.

I've been wanting to go to school in the UK for over four years now, and I really hope that the finances come together in time so I can live out my dream and get the education to become a professional actor...

I hope all of your dreams come true as well. :smile:
Original post by ageshallnot
I know there is some cost involved, but compare that to the total cost of your degree/training.

Ah, yes I did misunderstand the second part of what you said.

Have a look at https://aspiringactresssite.wordpress.com/

yeah, i may apply for a couple more if i have the money, but i can get funding for a degree, but not auditions
and thank you, i was in touch with her a couple of months ago
I'm applying too! Gonna go for RCS, Bristol Old Vic, RADA, Central and Guildhall I think. I was thinking of making a facebook groupchat where applicants this year could discuss stuff and help each other out if anyone would be interested? xx
Original post by Jessmcgh99
I'm applying too! Gonna go for RCS, Bristol Old Vic, RADA, Central and Guildhall I think. I was thinking of making a facebook groupchat where applicants this year could discuss stuff and help each other out if anyone would be interested? xx

I would!

I'd definitely be interested, but I have to know: would it be open to international students as well?
yeah, i may apply for a couple more if i have the money, but i can get funding for a degree, but not auditions
and thank you, i was in touch with her a couple of months ago

Ok that's a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would!

fab ! not sure how to do it, if theres a way you can message me with your facebook name ill start the group :biggrin:
Original post by cytja_0288
I'd definitely be interested, but I have to know: would it be open to international students as well?

yeah of course! if i want to message me with ur facebook name ill add you when i start it :smile:
Reply 15
I'm applying too next year!! It is my first year auditioning so I'm applying to 8 schools:

-East15 (international)
-Rada
-Lamda
-Central
-Guildhall
-Rose Bruford
-Drama centre
-Italia conti

I'm from Finland so I'm planning to moving to London next spring even if I'm not accepted to any drama school. I have decided my contemporary monologues, but I have problems deciding my Shakespeare monologues :biggrin:

And if there is still room for one more in the groupchat, I would be intrested! :smile:

A facebook groupchat? I'd be up for that!
Hi, I'm Gaby from Perú and I am looking for a full schoolarship in UCL and Richmond University, but I was wondering if someone can help me to have more options, because I can't affort paying uni
I'd like to be added to the facebook group as well :smile:
No idea why this thread is so dead when auditions are starting in a month or so...Anyway, my question is:

I've been struggling a lot with finding a contemporary monologue that I can relate to and genuinely like...Does anyone have any suggestion about modern plays/monologues ?? I've been to the Royal Court Bookshop and National Theatre Bookshop and I still can't find something...HELP...!!

Quick Reply

Latest