x Turn on thread page Beta

The Not So Pickled 'Gherkin' thread. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its going well so far, god trying to get to sleep is going to be a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are you guys talking about???

Fogive me i am quite dull

ReputationRep:
    manaf...to be honest i wouldnt even ask...theyre a complex phenommenon (sp) are gherkins...!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I don't know if you are all aware, but this is a topic on the IB that is up for mass debate, I'm conducting an experiment to see how long one can abstain from removing the gherkin from the jar, and hence lose its flavour. This is a three night investigation, and the following members are entered, I hope that they are honest and accurate, as lieng is a sin, and will more than likely cause my conclusions to be innacurate and hence me failing my Science coursework. At the moment most members only have one gherkin each and they are advised not to let it out of the jar, otherwise it shall soil itself and cause their keyboard to go all funny, OK folloing members so far:

With effect from 2:00AM (21/07/04) NOW to 2:00AM (24/07/04)

Bhaal85
    thenarbisbanned
    tis_me_lord
    s-man
    theaman
    Quiksilver
    Pzyko
    Gimp
    Revelation
    Expression?!?
    i think i gotta join this as well...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find this thread absolutely hilarious?

Surely the funniest thread of the year 2004.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    If you're not going to add my name to the list, I'll take that as my cue to duck off for a sly one.

Ciao
    Most of the members have been added now, including you, so no ducking off. Otherwise you shall be named and shamed.

btw I have never seen the IB sub-forum so active before.

ReputationRep:
    i made it through the night
    only to find that someone has neg repped me for taking part :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    Does anyone else find this thread absolutely hilarious?
    Yep, along with the other one!

ReputationRep:
    Still going strong... but then, we all knew I would be .

ReputationRep:
    This is a walk in the park so far, thankfully. Im determined to break the habbit, and only have a gherkin twice a week!

ReputationRep:
    you guys are hilarious. i think you should all keep diaries of this traumatising time. :rolleyes:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had one in 10 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I haven't had one in 10 days.
    out of choice or some weird medical condition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    out of choice or some weird medical condition?
    The latter rather than the former, perhaps he has syphilis.

ReputationRep:
    Day 1:

The past hour has dragged. I find my typing is hampered the nervous shaking of my fingers, sweating profusely as if calling out to me. My temperature from a ferocious and savage fever to a teeth chattering chill. The flanel I use to aid in my climate control only serves to arouse me further; feeling its dampness on my skin makes me reminisce about my last posh one.

My mood swings are affecting the whole family. My parents are fighting more and cucumbers, carrots and other phallic delicacies are prohibited, for those bringing them near me feel the firey wrath of my raging temper, or fear my sporadic attacks of suicidal desire.

I'm writing this message from under my desk, hoping that the dark and dusty conditions will subdue my seething libido. I am not looking forward to day 2.

i accidentally had a gherkin at burger king, no seriously i had it when i was eating my burger it was well good

ReputationRep:
    Just think, you get to reap the rewards of a super-sensitive penis at the end of this challenge, just imagine how good itll feel..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-man)
    i accidentally had a gherkin at burger king, no seriously i had it when i was eating my burger it was well good
    God dammit, you're sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-man)
    they always put a gherkin in at my local burger place - adds to the flavour apparently

ReputationRep:
    i keep wondering what will happen if one of you gets lucky, will you just say politely 'not today, i'm abstaining'... i'm guessing you'll probably not.

lou xxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.