Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'll be having my induction in a few weeks. What do I need to take with me apart from ID, student finance papers and certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by samzy21)
    So I'll be having my induction in a few weeks. What do I need to take with me apart from ID, student finance papers and certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Samzy21,

You should receive a link to your Welcome Guide, explaining exactly where you need to be when, during induction week and what you will need to bring with you.

You should also receive your new student ID through the post which you will need to bring with you as well as the things you mentioned above.

For the Textile Design induction, you may have some workshops/initial classes that I would suggest taking a sketchbook and art materials to. If you have any further enquiries about your induction, please feel free to call your faculty on 0121 331 5719, who will be happy to help!

All the best,

Lydia
    The BCU team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hi Samzy21,

You should receive a link to your Welcome Guide, explaining exactly where you need to be when, during induction week and what you will need to bring with you.

You should also receive your new student ID through the post which you will need to bring with you as well as the things you mentioned above.

For the Textile Design induction, you may have some workshops/initial classes that I would suggest taking a sketchbook and art materials to. If you have any further enquiries about your induction, please feel free to call your faculty on 0121 331 5719, who will be happy to help!

All the best,

Lydia
    The BCU team
    Thanks. Is an A4 sketchbook okay or does it need to be A3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks. Is an A4 sketchbook okay or does it need to be A3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does depend really but I'd suggest A3, especially for first term.

Lydia
    The BCU team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    It does depend really but I'd suggest A3, especially for first term.

Lydia
    The BCU team
    Thanks but it dont look like Ill be needing one yet when I havent even received a welcome email or enrolment details. The course starts the week after next. Ive called in and emailed countless times but still nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks but it dont look like Ill be needing one yet when I havent even received a welcome email or enrolment details. The course starts the week after next. Ive called in and emailed countless times but still nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

I have replied to your other thread regarding this issue, with contact details for the departments that you need to speak to.

Thanks,

Lydia, BCU

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.