Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiiii guys,
    This is the first question I've asked on this website, so I hope I'm doing this right..!
    I was just wondering if I have to take either the BMAT or UKCAT or neither for studying Biomedicine at either Sussex, Exeter, Newcastle or Durham uni?
    I've done some research and all I've found is that it is compulsory to take these for studying Medicine. I've left booking the tests extremely late and there are hardly any tests available now, so I would really appreciate fast replies, I'm stressing out!!
    Also, if I wish to transfer to Medicine after my first year of Biomed, would I need to take the BMAT or UKCAT NOW, or after that first year?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to take the UKCAT or BMAT for biomed.

If you want to transfer, you don't take the UCAT now, they'll advise whether they require the UKCAT to be taken then. But it isn't now as the score is only valid for the current application cycle.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.