The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dirac Delta Function
Im guessing a pyramid with a hexagonal base and the top cut off parallel to the base...

Where does it say that?
Reply 21
generalebriety
Where does it say that?

it doesn't, though it makes sense since it is 'regular' or?

Still haven't solved the question, though haven't looked at it since 5.30 am:redface:. I'm likely missing something in the beginning, what sides am I meant to be naming x and y, etc.
nota bene
it doesn't, though it makes sense since it is 'regular' or?

I assumed "regular" referred to the hexagonal base. I suppose it's logical that it should refer to the opposite face too then...
generalebriety
I assumed "regular" referred to the hexagonal base. I suppose it's logical that it should refer to the opposite face too then...
More to the point, I've absolutely no idea how you'd do the question without that assumption, so it had better be true!

This recalls a number of theorems in number theory which are essentially "I have no idea how to prove this if the Riemann hypothesis is false, so I will proceed on the assumption that it's true".
Reply 24
generalebriety
How do you pronounce y/x\partial y/\partial x? :p:

Isn't is just pronounced 'D Y D X'?

One of my maths teachers would always say 'D Y By D X' and then later a more senior maths teacher told us off for including the 'By' bit in the middle because its not a fraction. She told us it was just 'D Y D X'...

Have someone else already clarified this?
^ I and I think most other people would say partial dy by dx. But you may get into the habit of just missing out the partial bit..

Latest